Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1266x 10 1/2" or11" m scope

I always liked the 10-1/2" coil on my 1265x and also 1266x. I used one of the closed coils and it just seemed like it didn't get as much depth but it was better when hunting in brush and higher grass.

I agree with 88junior 100%.

Easy enough to test just air test both coils with the same level of settings on the same target. Just a suggestion I use a silver dime as my target, the way I see it if I can find a dime I can find any coin larger.

Both coils have there place to hunt.

Ron in WV

Thanks for the tips guys . Now a follow up question. Is the white 10 1/2 inch white spider coil an earlier version than the black one?. Is one preferred over the other?. I plan on buying one.but wanted a little input before I do.. Thanks for any help?

The white ones are the earlier ones, over my days with using the 1265x, 1266x and a couple of 1270's I had several each of the black and white ones. There was no noticeable performance difference.

I liked the white ones just because I thought they didn't get as hot in the sun.

My pick of coils for those machines were the little flower pot coils 2 3/4" and the 5x10.

Ron in WV

Hi I have both the white and black 8" coils for my 66 and one gets about 1" more air testing...also had a 10-1/2 " coil awhile back and it would not air test anywhere close to my 8" coils...I think there are times these older detectors have to have the coils tuned to the detector to get maximum depth...joe