Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1266X Chatter

A

Anonymous

Hi
Im new to relic hunting and I borrowed a Fisher 1266X from a friend of mine. I like the performance if it but the constant chatter is starting to bother me. My question if -Is this a problem with the 1266X or is that a Fisher thing???? I lookes at a Tesoro and it was quiet but I dont want to buy a Tesoro if I going to miss things???? Any help anyone can give would be appreciated>
Thanks
Mark-Shiloh TN

1266 is one of the deepest detectors around, but expect the snap, crackle and pop as it is a noisy unit especially if ran too hot. On the good side many have learned to distinguish the good hits from the noise and many relic hunters do quite well with one. Not a Fisher thing as a CZ does not have all this extra noise when discriminating bad targets..Guess one could call it the nature of the beast but surely one of the best relic machines around...

If the sensitivity is turned up too high, the 1266 will chatter constantly. Try turning the sensitivity down until the noise goes away. Transformers and radio towers in close proximity will also interfer with the unit and there is nothing to be done except live with it or go somewhere else. I found a football field that is situated between 3 high power transmitter towers and the 1266X I have chatters so bad I haven't been able to search there, even with the sensitivity turned all the way down.

you get the hang of it - the chatter will be reduced by the settings mentioned already. It surely is a teriffic machine, deep sounding and great pinpointing. Had mine abut 10 years now - love it - but it does take some getting used to. steve in so az