Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1266x

A

Anonymous

I have a fisher 1266x and I was wondering is there a better coil out there for it other than the 10.5 inch. One that will go deeper. Possibly a hot head coil or something?
Is there a difference in depth when you pull or push in the sensitivity knob? Is there certain situations when you would run it one way or the other? Thank you
Joe Reb

Gee all I ever used was the stock 8 and and even then it was one of the deepest around..Haven't used one for a while so its tough to remember the aspects as I try a lot of units.The button that you push in or out does increase sensitivity which equates to better depth. Refer to the manual for proper positiom for increased sensitivity. If the area is highly mineralized or trashy will have to use the position for decreased sensitivity. I believe a hot head coil is available and pricey but would stick with Fishers acc. coils as input from hotead coils has not been good and they are pricey.Certainly a noisy unit with its snap crackle and pop but those that take the time to learn its language do excell and many use them quite proficiently..I would imagine a 10.5 would give you greater coverage and depth , but its weight tends to offset the balance of this finely balanced unit with batteries under armcup and can't be hipmounted as say a CZ to handle the added weight more efficiently.

Yes there is a difference with the knob when pulled out or pressed in. With the knob pulled out and turned all the way to the right (clockwise) it is equal to the knob being pressed in and all the way to the left. Simply put when the knob is depressed it increases the sensitivity and pulled out decreases sensivity. So if you have the knob pulled out and have your sensivity knob turned all the way to the right and you want to increase sensivity you should depress the knob and go completely counterclockwise which will put you where you were with the knob pulled out...then you can begin again to increase the sensivity with the knob depressed. With the sensitivity knob depressed and completely to the right you are at max sensivity. I hope this is not to confusing...I know what I mean but I am not sure I explained it correctly. Put another way least amount of sensivity would be knob pulled out and turned completely counterclockwise. Max sensivity would be knob depressed and turned completely clockwise. WOW hope this helps and does not confuse.

Good advice! I run mine just back off the full sens. Also run the #1 disc about 3 1/2, have only used the stock 8 inch coil for many years now. The 1265 knob was the opposite of the 1266. I was always bumping it and putting it on low when I wanted high. Steve in so az

Dan - You are right about the learning pattern . After a year I started to understand it. Never have used a larger coil , like you, my arm gets tired with the 8 inch one. Also, I put small marks in white out on my settings to remind me, originally , where things were best set. Same on the head phone knobs. Steve in so az

Thanks for all the help. I now understand. I run my machine on 4 and 5 and I hunt for civil war relics. Its noisy around iron, but when I can get to a area that has good soil and no RF no iron its one of the best machines (1266x) out there.
Thank you
Joe Reb