Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1270 powers up but no sound

bootyhoundpa

I have a 1270 i have rigged for freshwater hunting on very long shaft.. i noticed when i got to the lake that the control box was powered up when i pulled it out of the car ,so it was probably on for 45 minutes or so . to complicate matters i also heard something rattling inside the control box which i found to be the inch long 1/4 20 bolt which goes from the control box into the handle was free to travel between circuit board and housing... no obvious signs of damage, no burnt smell unit seems to power up but i dont get any sound.. tried 2 different coils,no sound.. any thoughts?

Is both the headphones and the on-board speaker dead or just one or the other?
Mark

MarkCZ said:
Is both the headphones and the on-board speaker dead or just one or the other?
Mark
i get no sound out of either... i believe the bolt that came loose inside the control box must have shorted something out.. no big deal as i just got a used 1280x yesterday so i hope it gives me simular results as the 1270..

Its to bad about your 1270.But you should enjoy 1280x ,they are built like tanks had mine 18 years still same performance as first day out.

1280x Dude said:
Its to bad about your 1270.But you should enjoy 1280x ,they are built like tanks had mine 18 years still same performance as first day out.
thanks,i tried the 1280X out and it's fine but it's definitely not as hot on small gold jewelry or nearly as deep as the 1270... ideally i would love the 1270 in the 1280 package. .. welcome to the forum...