Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1270?

A

Anonymous

The 1270 is one of the only Fishers I haven't tried. Usually not much to read about them in this forum. I'm looking for something to clean out my old sites of everything above iron without the iron related problems of my other Fishers. Any comments from 1270 owners?

JRG,
The 1270 is an improvement over the other 1200 series machines but it is not perfect, no detector is. You will dig some deeper iron that fools all machines. Horseshoes, thick iron and even on occassion some rusty barb wire (with barbs attached) can sound good. Fortunately most of the bigger stuff can be ID'd by the size of the signal.
Now it is better than the 1236 and 1266 in that it will not have you digging as many of those really deep <EM>small</EM> rusting away nails.
The audio is modulated but only on the deeper stuff and some of the deeper signals on non-ferrous can sound like partially rejected iron until you remove an inch or 2 of soil to let the machine get a better read. Now I'm talking some really deep stuff not the 6-8" mid range targets.
Hope this helps and let us know if you have any other questions.
HH, Tom

I'm with Tom on the 1270. Quite possibly the greatest relic machine ever made. I love mine...d2 (Tim)

I'll probably give one a shot. I hate to admit that I've tried and sold several detectors. The one detector that I won't part with is my CZ70, which is my favorite "all around" machine. I'll see if the 1270 has an edge on it for relics.

JRG,
IMO all of the deeper relic machines take some time to learn their iron handling characteristics. The simple fact is that the deeper you go discriminating between ferrous and non-ferrous becomes tougher.
Have you tried the 1236X2? It's no where as deep as the 1270 on relics but it will hunt iron better and pick out low conductive stuff as well as coins from areas that give the CZ's a hard time. If the stuff you are after is too deep for the 1236 then get the 1270 but expect somewhat of a learning curve to be able to indentify the deepest stuff from iron.
Tom