Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1280 for gold

A

Anonymous

i have a fisher 1280 underwater detector iam going gold huntung this summer for the first time. i live in minnesota not much gold here. is it any good for gold.
what do you think would be better the fisher 1280, whites DFX, or bounty hunter lone star.

Buy a gold nugget machine as thats what they were made for...and will give superior performance as the machines mentioned above are not specifically made for this facet of the hobby and will work with limited success...

i know. i dont want to spend more money on a gold detector because this will be the only time i wil ever go.

but I don't have any experience on any of them. I have a Fisher CZ7A with about 8 hours useage, a White's XLT and an old Garrett MH5 with lots of hours on both. I think I would use my Fisher if given the opportunity to hunt gold, a heavy machine but I think your Fisher would be even heavier as it's an underwater box. Just my oppinion. HH and good luck! Mike

The mxt is actually designed with gold prospecting in mind and all the other stuff included to make it versitile.
The engineering report states so.
HH
Dan R.