Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

13" coil

rebel pride

Looking to buy a 13" coil for my G2+ Which coil should I go with the Mars Discovery or the detech 13" ultimate. Weight and depth are important issue for me.

I have both for my F19 (same as the G2+). The Ultimate is lighter at 555 grams compared to 625 grams for the Discovery. The Discovery has a more solid build. For some reason that eludes me, I can pin point with more accuracy with the Mars coil. Apart from that, the 2 coils perform about equally.

I am selling my Mars Discovery if your interested. It's in the classifieds. The only reason why I am selling it and not the Ultimate is that I bought the Ultimate second hand , it was in a less than ideal aesthetic condition when I bought it and would have to sell it at a bigger loss for me. In other words, it's really beat up. The Discovery coil is mint.

I have the detech 13", bought it used-it sucks-I know why the guy sold it to me.
No real depth -heavy-built good but I have not seen a increase in deep hits even compared to my 5" coil.
I want the fisher 6x9" I only use the detech for larger search areas. does improve that. but I think at a cost of lots of missed targets.

Do you have the original receipt or box ? It's the only way of knowing for sure the coil compatibility/what detector it was intended for. Are you 100% sure it is intended for your detector ? Mine gets between 1-2 inches more on average sized targets in the ground compared to the 11 DD. If you don't get more depth than your 5 inch coil, your specific Detech coil has an issue.