Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

13" X-35 doing great!

Jeff in Pa

I gotta say I really like this coil! Great co
20200205_161957.jpg
verage and the added weight over my 9" X-35 doesn't bother me!
I have a few hours on it now at my pounded areas. Best finds so far are a colonial cuff button and this beat up LC. My Garrett was all the,way in the hole, hitting solid numbers of 92 to 94. My soil here usually don't give a mineralization number but if it does its 78 to low 80's.

How much more depth do you get with the 13 than compared to the 9?
How is the pinpointing?

The pinpointing is no different. I always wiggle back for shallow targets and do the X for the deeper ones. I don't care for having to push the PP button and am satisfied with the methods I use. I can't give you any definate answer on depth because I don't have enough time on it yet. That is a good question that I will test out this weekend. There is what I believe to be another LC with a few feet of this one. I left it for my next hunt. I was running the silencer at 2 and that signal wasnt quite as good as the one I dug but close. It's a 9" target. I will swap from the 13 to the 9 inch coil using the same settings and see if one hits harder than the other.
Stay tuned.

Keep us posted! I was thinking about getting a 13" coil, but I hunt a lot of trashy sites that might not be so good for it. How much trash have you run it in?

I haven't put a lot of hours on it yet but does alright with a higher reactivity. So far I am really liking it. I used an Etrac with the 13" coil for a long time. I would rather use a larger coil if I have one. I don't mind the thought of missing so much when it gets thick with modern trash because I am also missing out on junk. When I put the 9" X-35 on and run the reactivity at 3 the amount targets I get is crazy. We all know that most times the targets you are hearing are junk. Yes you can miss a good target here and there with a large coil. Now if you use a disc of 8 or even 10 you can knock out a lot of that and if it gets real bad I will even switch to a notch program I have.
That's the beauty of the Deus, you can do so much with it to help you out in most any situation.
The Deus isn't the best coin machine on the market but if used correctly and providing you understand it the Deus can easily give you an enjoyable experience.