Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

14K wedding band at 7"

jdeiana

I did pull a 14K wedding band out of 7 inches of soil on a lawn today with racer - hit in low 80's which is above where I would have expected it to be on ID scale. Anyway it is shiny gold on the inside of the band and is inscribed 14K gold. But it is a greenish brown layer on the outer part. Anyone know how to get this greenish brown layer off the outside of the band to get it looking like gold again? I submerged it in warm water and dish detergent and gave it a brushing, but no luck.

inside a ring made of copper or brass. Through the past many, many years I have changed upon quite a few rings, pendants and chains that were so marked. Was quite a let-down each time after getting my hopes up, but that's all part of the game of recreational metal detecting.

Monte

Kind of feel like the guy that just posted all the silver - that he thought was silver - here is a pic - guess it is probably not real gold

I did not know there were fake gold stamps - learn a lot from you on this forum - will add that piece of knowledge to the list

I found the most beautiful mans 14K stamped ring one would ever hope to find...A bunch of would be diamonds etc.. [size=x-large]Fake all the way...................[/size]

I'm sure the person who bought it..........threw it away when someone told him he had been taken.. It was a real high on my part though till I got it home and inspected it closer, and saw the fake Gold chipped away on the corners and the copper coming through..

I will try and find it, and post a pic, if I didn't throw it away LOL