Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

15.5x13.3 CoRe coil

I truly apologize if this had been covered already, BUT has anyone tested this on the NBPT, in the ground (real usage and results)? And if so, what is the pro/con to the standard stock coil?

Thanks again brothers,
Bubba

finding bigger-size targets with that bigger-size coil. That's what larger search coils are generally good for. I do plan to work mine in a few sites in the next three to four days to check other potentials they have, but ....

Larger coils in this size range are not going to work well in trashier conditions due to too much target masking from the size of the larger EMF of the larger coil. We know some folks use ±15" coils to try and find older, deeper coins in older parks You can do that with this big Nokta/Makro coil, but as a rule, coils of this size usually attain coin depths comparable with an 8" coil, and might even get a very slight increase on larger-size coins, but lose a little responsiveness on the smallest-size coins.

The Nail Board Performance Test? Haven't tried this coil, don't expect it to work well on this test scenario, but I'll check it out later today. Do some other tests today and tomorrow, then respond back.

Monte

Monte said:
finding bigger-size targets with that bigger-size coil. That's what larger search coils are generally good for. I do plan to work mine in a few sites in the next three to four days to check other potentials they have, but ....

Larger coils in this size range are not going to work well in trashier conditions due to too much target masking from the size of the larger EMF of the larger coil. We know some folks use ±15" coils to try and find older, deeper coins in older parks You can do that with this big Nokta/Makro coil, but as a rule, coils of this size usually attain coin depths comparable with an 8" coil, and might even get a very slight increase on larger-size coins, but lose a little responsiveness on the smallest-size coins.

The Nail Board Performance Test? Haven't tried this coil, don't expect it to work well on this test scenario, but I'll check it out later today. Do some other tests today and tomorrow, then respond back.

Monte

Monte, thank you again "so much" for your dedicated input and the time that you put together in this response to me. It really is truly appreciated!

I also do not expected it to do well in very trashy sites, but was curious on "depth", on searching for Civil War relics deep iron fragments, shells, etc. even if I could get some kind of a "grunt noise" or something of the similar, like I do on my XLT, I would be very pleased

Please Report back when you can on the real world depth increase on large iron, if possible

Again, thank you so very much. If I can, I would love to head back out that way to the west, for your May adventure.

Talk soon brother man and hope to hear that you are feeling better,
Bubba

If you have mineral say 3 bars and above on a F75...I have found that big coil to be too much for the soil...in other words it sees too much mineral and that in turn overpowers the deeper targets..

I personally for upper moderate to severe mineral when looking for depth dont like to go over the stock coil size...7x11..

now if you have nice to moderate soil and are looking for objects at depth of say coin sizes like quarters/halves and up to large items then the large coil will see those items well at good to great depth...

even separates well too..

I believe I have a video if the large coil separating on my youtube channel.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeO3q2N2doM[/video]

So as you see it can still has some good target separating even with the big size....

it will be a site specific coil for sure...

I like it on the edge of say house sites...where the iron debris thins out some .

I will also add its extremely light for its size!

Keith

Keith, Thank you so much for your response and that youtube video. It appears that the "STOCK COIL" is still the cat's meow for the majority of our CW relic hunting.

Thanks again brother,
bubba