Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1652 coin sold this week $430,000.00 from field near me

deepdiger60

A lady 23 years ago with her metal detector in a potato field found a 360 year old coin just a few miles from my house sold this week at Auction for $430,000.00 !!! i believe it was a 1652 MASSACHUSETTS 6 Pence NICE :detecting: Jim

http://www.startribune.com/nation/180595131.html?refer=y

Wow, what a silver coin find. She sold it just after she found it for $35,000. Now, sold again for $430,000 by the person who bought it from her. Thats an increase of $17,000 per year. Unreal.

Unreal is a understatement for sure the mintage on that coin is unknown and only 8 are known to exist so i guess the odds of finding one are astronomical but hey !! you never know whats under that coil each hunt. Jim

My goal is to find one of these Irish Bashers Gold coin :biggrin: dream on .

deepdiger60 said:
Unreal is a understatement for sure the mintage on that coin is unknown and only 8 are known to exist so i guess the odds of finding one are astronomical but hey !! you never know whats under that coil each hunt. Jim

My goal is to find one of these Irish Bashers Gold coin :biggrin: dream on .

Looks like an Ephraim Brasher gold coin ... that would be a NICE find !!

I need a find like that .

You and me both.

quote=GunnarMN]
I need a find like that .[/quote]