Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1862 Half Dollar with a Special Feature

Bob_T

Really wish I'd found this myself! A friend found this 1862 half dollar, complete with bullet hole. Wish we knew the story behind the bullet hole. He's only been detecting a few times and this is his second silver 50 cent piece. Picked this one out of one of the trashiest areas I've ever seen, using a White's Eagle Spectrum.

Bob

Cool find; even with the bullet hole.
A friend of mine was hunting around on his farm, and found a few Large Cents in the same shape.
I guess big coins make good tagets !!

Maybe an old west sharp shooter find...........

Interesting find there.. I have found a few "shot" coins, but never found an old one.
That adds some charactor to the coin!!

fifty cent piece? That was good money 151 years ago. I am surprised they used such a large denomination coin. Must of had money to burn or in this case "shoot" Nonetheless it is a neat find.

Maybe it was in some guys pocket when it got shot? They had duels back then! :stretcher:
Great find for your friend, thanks for the post!:clapping:
Mud