Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1964 coin scatter!

Ronstar

Former co-worker agreed to let me detect his 1890s built home and property. The original barn was taken down a long time ago and the house has been resided. But, ya never know what you might find……
Started out closest to the main street and hit two wheats first thing, ‘44 and ‘46. Looking like maybe a good outing! He said he’s lived there since 1995 and lawn hasn’t been detected while they have lived there so settle in…..
All in all I came away with 3 quarters, three dimes, one nickel, 7 zincolns, and 14 copper pennies. Once I got home and got things cleaned up I was stunned to find 10 of the pennies were 1964 and one 1965. One from the 70s and one ‘81, one Canadian penny and guess what year? 1964! Lawn area is roughly 40x30 and I have no idea if the ‘64 pennies were a simple hand toss or just coincidental independent drops. So not a coin spill but a coin scatter!!!😂 Oh, and a ‘53 wheat near the end, but no silver. 😟

Great hunt…. You think it has been detected based on what you found?
I detected a small yard sometime ago and found 10 wheat pennies and some clad, but no silver.

I feel it most likely was cherry picked at some point. One ‘65 quarter and a ‘62 nickel so the odds of silver should have been above 50% with those dates being on the 1964 stoppage date.