Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1967 Dime With All Kinds Of Errors I Found It

Foxfi07

Hi I know the pics aren't great but I had to try to show this. I found a 1967 dime with all kinds of errors in a garden. I don't think this one is suppose to be out it's crazy. I know the 1967 dimes does not have mint dates but this dime has an S above the date. The designer initials are not on it however there is a blob of dye like a period in front of the 1 in the date and another above the 6 in the date, There is however letters and numbers all over it. Mainly in the back of the head area, and at the rim of the coin under the neck. Its like long numbers. As if it was striking something else. Also the leaf in the back of coin, one of them is in the front near the date. The ear is not normal. There are numbers and letter surrounding nearest the rim in the back of the head area. The coin only has God Trvst which is very tiny. It doesn't have the U in trust , it's a V the word IN is not struck properly it just a thick /slant no word. There is no room for WE either. He has two head. That is just a few things wrong on the obverse side. On the reverse side the word EPLURIBUSUNUM is not spelled correctly and very tiny. Where the RIB is on the back of a dime on this dime it is PTIS the US is by itself then it's just NUM. Also the obverse has a lot of strikes of tiny 22 and letter S also L all over it. Look at the back of the head. Its not normal.

Interesting.....see if you can get some better pics of this

thanks

Hey get a magnifying glass or a jewelers loupe and take the pictures of front and back again...you are using a cell phone camera right? it will come out good if you do that.
We'd sure like to see some clear shots!
Mud

If your phone camera has macro focus try that. That is the only way I get good pictures out of a phone.

Another option: If you have a flatbed scanner give it a go @ around 150 dpi or a little more, then save it as a JPG file. At that your dime should be clear as a bell and ready to post.

Hope to see your find! Good luck.:thumbup: