Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1991 Pennie (BUBBLED) Can this be an error coin ????

lefthandedjim

Hello I use a Fisher 1280X. I found a 1991 Pennie that is bubbled.The reverse is in very good condition but the Obverse rim looks to have a mark in it and along his back the coin is tearing.is this a misaligned Die?Notice the dbl rim Looks to also be Struck threw.which may have caused the bubble up.Any help with determining the problem or problems with this coin.

It may or may not be an error. I'm into error coins and haven't seen one like it. I'll look into some of my books and get back to you on it.

I have found coins like this that have been near hot fires or coals. Found 2 quarters that were near charred wood with both sides bubbled

Could it be one of the trick coins, "Squirting coin" hold under water and squeeze it then let it suck in water then you can squirt people when they look at it...seems like it might be one

Its not an error, a misaligned die would have a plain peice off to one side. A strike through would show Lincoln on the other side or the memorial on Lincolns side. If its tearing it could be someone tampered with it, or it was near a fire. Sorry but it is still a neat find.

Thank you for looking into it for me.I went to the beach tonite.Dry sand found a silver 47 Roosevelt,1 Silver 3 prong ring 6 grams and a little Cross.Cute but not silver along with lot's of clad coins.about 9.bucks or so.....OH and a NINJA TURTLE.The little one will love him.==Sorry no pictures.I cant figure out how to lower my camera to smaller than 420 KG????????THANK'S AGAIN

No problem