Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st Day w/Quattro

cubmannc

Got Quattro late yesterday..Put her together and fired her up....put a few test coins and trash in yard..to see how it would do..it was dark and I had no idea what was what..but worked well..had coil 3 to maybe 8"and only used flashlight to check against reading..maybe not the best test but hey wanted to try her before today....real rusty nail fooled me more than Quattro I think..but was ready for todays hunt.Only used coin & coin jewelry mode for test..
I went back to a house that I have hunted several times a gud mixture of coins and pulltabs nails etc..but found $1.76 in and hour or so a couple really deep!! I believe that this was a wise decision and I am going to have many hours of FUN!!!!!Now to reread and reread Andy's book to feel more comfortable with her...Going to beach this weekend..and hopefully next week if Irene doesn't hit the Outer Banks...more to follow..
cubmannc

Hello,

Glad you got to give it a try. It is a very good detector. Wait to you hit the beach this weekend. (storm going to head North, then Northeast, I hope) Be ready to dig DEEP targets! I have dug MANY deeper than 18"! (Still looking for a portable backhoe!)

Good luck!!!!!!

That's great Cubmannc. I remember how excitid I was when the Quatro showed up on the door step. You know th UPS guy left it right there on the porch. Good thing I live in a pretty quiet and safe neighborhood. I'm really excited for you cause I know how you feel. I just finished reading Andy's book for the 3rd time yesterday, and you know I still learned a few new things that somehow I'd missed before. Man what a great book. I'm so glad he wrote it as a terrific supliment to the "pretty lean" Quatro owners manual. Anyway, let us know how you're doin' with it in the near future, it's always fun to see what the other guys are finding. Marc Trainor.

Hey Sand Shagger, maybe you could get one of those Troy Bilt roto tiller units, and if that doesn't work you could rent one of those Bobcat's, the one with the back hoe attachment.!!! That ought to do it for the beach at least.::D

Shagger, I also ment to tell you that my dog helps me dig at the beach sometimes, but the other day she dug a hole so deep looking for the treasure, she fell in and I had to call in the rescue team. Of course if you believe that, I've got some swamp property I could sell you, but it might be hard to detect on it. Hey what's with this hurricane stuff or big storm I was hearing about. Was that you talking about that or someone else. Forgive me, I just got off work and I'm pretty beat. Anyway have a good weekend and send us some treasure stories.:D

Tropical Storm Irene appears to be heading north and then forecasted to head-off northeast fairly rapidly, missing the US. Tropical Depression # 10 heading toward the US now. Hopefully it will do the same as Irene, but will not know for a few more days.

Even if it misses the U.S. do we still get some heavy duty wave action on the beaches to un earth some of those riches there on the beach??? We don't get too many storms here in San Diego, but the tides can vary pretty good here sometimes. I need to track that a lot closer and look for the depressions in the sand where it might have been worn away. Thanks for the response. Maybe you won't need that back ho after all. Beach guy.:)

Just kidin, finn. I don't do em either, unless I have to. I wonder if there's a school for metal detecting??? I'd rather have taken that than biology when I went to school, but I doubt it.:)