Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st keepers with XP Deus

pescadore

I have been staying in school yards and parks with the Deus since I got it to learn the sounds and VDI's. I spoke with a friend of mine who reminded me tht he had dug a 12 inch quarter, 9 inch dime, and 6 inch IH penny at an old church that we have been hunting. We really pulled some old coins out of that place but it had dried up now after many successful hunts. I decided to take the Deus and try to hit the targets out there on my way home from work. I arrived and it was HOT !!!! I got the Deus out and was running Basic 1 with decreased discrimination and increased sensitivity. I located where the targets were supposed to be and started a very discouraging afternoon. I called my friend and verified the location of the targets again and even had him on the phone as I was trying to locate them. Nothing !!! I felt like I had made a big mistake trading the Etac because it would hit the targets but barely. I wanted to wrap the Deus around the closest tree but figured I was doing something wrong and used my better judgement. I got home and called GoneHunting because I knew he had lots of experience with the Deus and he was so nice and went through some step by step things with me to try to solve the issue. We were going through the steps and he said you did ground balance it right? I was so embarrassed and said nooooo !! I had been so used to using the Etrac and then the 705 before it with tracking that I just did not think about it. He said that he used the pumping method and then went to his test garden and let me here his Deus sounding loud and clear on really deep targets. I just thanked him and felt like a real idiot. I did not sleep much thinking about going back to the old church this morning. I finally went to bed about 1:30 am and woke up around 7:30 am. I told my wife that I was leaving to go to the old church and she very understandingly just said okay and rolled back over and went to sleep. I got out to the church and went through the GBing steps and I was shocked at how much difference there was in the GB results to the 90 I had been running during the other tests. I double checked the setting after moving a few feet over and the Deus grabbed the same setting so I went to the spot where the coins were buried. I ran my sensitivity up to about 95 and swept the 12 in quarter and Whooo I got a signal, Yes !!!. Moved to the 9 inch dime and same thing ... good signal...Yes !!!!. I never located the IH but I think something is up and it may have been dug up because the Deus would have it it hard at only 6 inches deep. I went back to the quarter and got the signal again no problem. I worked the area real good and the quarter was right where Roy said it would be and I got a better audio signal from the Deus than I had gotten when I put my Etrac over it. I got an occasional display ID but the numbers were a little off giving me a 95, 94, etc. I got a 91 a couple of times on the dime . I was very please with my results and back happy with the Deus and forgave myself for being so stupid the first time around. I continued to hunt a little and remembered that I had gotten a weak signal the day before it another location so I went back there and the Deus hit hard but I cant remember the ID numbers. I dug down about 6 inches and found the small bullet. I am not a relic hunter and don't know anything about it but it is about the size of a .22 caliber bullet but was solid white and obviously very old. I was even happier now !!! I messed around a little while longer and left to go to the old park in a nearby city where they have been doing a renovation and we have found lots of silver. I hadn't found anything there lately so any find would be great. I dug a couple of zincolns and then I got a dime signal. Dug down about a couple of inches and pulled out a 1965 dime ...ugggh so close ! I was getting really hot and ready to leave when I got a nice penny/dime signal and dug a 1945 D wheat penny !!!! Heres a photo of the wheatie and the bullet. Feel free to chime in on the bullet because like I said I am not a relic hunter and no nothing about them
small3ringer.jpg

I was in the Etrac for about 2 some years. Recently went to the Deus. Blown away at how hard and distinct deep targets sounded. Scratchy at best the Etrac had to be in manual 25 or greater to hit my 12 inch quarter, the deus was loud and clear in Basic, and in relic mode, it blew my ears off.

Then I purchased the larger coil.... :)

The sheer number of targets found in small previously hunted areas has been staggering.

That's the same as the 3 ringers Zack and I have been pulling from that church. Glad you got it figured out.