Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2015..my year to find silver jewelry...#10 for the year!

REVIER

Man this was a tiny one but still hit big on the F70 like a shallow silver dollar.
More and more I think this thing is really attuned to silver no matter what size or at what depth.
It ain't too bad on all kinds of coins, most other stuff and gold either, but the way this thing signals on silver jewelry is something else.
This thing was every bit of 4-5" deep.

This was in an area in a nice park that doesn't seem to be used for anything else but one thing...a parking lot for big events held at this park like a huge barbeque festival they hold every June.
Big, grassy, wide open, I have hunted it before and culled a ton of clad out of this place but that has slowed down after 3 years of hunting it so now I am trying to sniff out some jewelry.
A few weeks ago I found a little sunflower charm here, now this is another charming little find.
When I say little I mean it.
1.6 grams, there is a pic below of it sitting on a dime.
A cute little arrowhead with the ring broken off which is why it was lost.
I had the big DD coil on the F70, swinging pretty fast in 4H tones and this thing came in sharp and clear and clear and loud as anything I ever heard.
Rocked me back a bit when I heard it, when I looked at the screen I see a 66-68 which is usually a large piece of can slaw for me at these numbers.
It sounded different than aluminum in some way, not "tinny", or something...hard to explain but it triggered my digging instinct.
Raising the coil high I lost it.
The Propointer from the top of the ground found it and said it was small.
I have dug other small silver pieces that came in like this below dimes so I hoped this was another one.

I dug a 3" deep plug but not in the plug, had to go a bit deeper so I stuck my Lesche in and pried up a bit more dirt and saw this thing in the middle and knew it was silver.
When I saw the letters spelling out "STER" I smiled.

Number 10 silver jewelry piece for the year.
It's small but it counts.

I love that piece!! silver is silver no matter the size..
btw, im only 8 behind, only 2 silver jewelry for me so far for me this year..

dan

My God, that thing is small. Like they say, silver is silver. I really like that. Never seen one like that before. You are having a good year. I am glad you found it... KEN. Ind.

Excellent find! Isn't it a singular trait of the 70 how it gives that slight change in tone even if the numbers aren't different from what you know is trash, but you can be really cruising over some acres of ground and that one slight change in tone will stop you in your tracks and make you investigate. Even after every indicator says's "junk" the f-70 still triggers "dig me" and the happy dance begins. Always nice to read your posts!
HH Ed in co.

Ed Steinhoff said:
Excellent find! Isn't it a singular trait of the 70 how it gives that slight change in tone even if the numbers aren't different from what you know is trash, but you can be really cruising over some acres of ground and that one slight change in tone will stop you in your tracks and make you investigate. Even after every indicator says's "junk" the f-70 still triggers "dig me" and the happy dance begins. Always nice to read your posts!
HH Ed in co.

Thanks...and thanks to all!
I am now on the lookout for this slightly different tone I think I am hearing on small silver jewelry.
I noticed it a few weeks ago on another tiny charm I found, I can't explain it but I have dug a couple of different silver quarters since that one and both were great, solid, loud and clear dig me signals also but in some ways both didn't seem to have that little extra something I heard in this signal.
I really can't explain it and it makes no sense, the bigger silver and some decent sized silver rings should have the same or better qualities in these tones that I hear on the small jewelry charms and also a really small thin silver ring I found last week...but something about these silver signals on targets that come in below dimes in the 60's does sound different to me.
Maybe I am just crazy.
It's like the F70 tries extra hard when it rolls over small silver in this lower category or something.
I realize that is crazy talk but lately I am finding some really small silver that are not super shallow so I will go with the flow and keep digging these noticeable signals when I come across them every time.