Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

278 coins this am.

mudpuppy

Well, I thought this might be the place to show off a little! :rofl: You can read the long details up on the F series thread. I've been generally a cladstabber for a few years, but maybe now its time to shift focus onto something else...although, I REALLY love cladstabbing!
Mud

That's a whole lot of digging, you must have been worn out afterwards. I converted last years clad into a silver bust half but I might wait till next year to do that again. More clad = a better condition coin.

Thanks B2H..I am really not worn out at all, it was a small area, plenty o coins, and shallow too, so it was just stab and grab harvesting with a screwdriver. No kneeling at all, just a wide legged stoop like how a giraffe takes a drink, stab, and grab! I'm thinking tomorrow I'll pack a lunch, get my count early when its cold out, and go water detect a pretty good looking spot I found today for some gold. Business is slow being Thanksgiving week and all, and it may be the last water hunt of the year for me.
Mud

Wow Mud you really cleaned up on the clad and is surely adding up! I wish you continued success in your stab-n-grab clad.

Get outta town, 278 coins is insane! I hope you were wearing suspenders!!

What do you think happened that all those coins came loose in that area? Laying on top that way ya think it happened all near the same time? Was it a school lot, sounds more like a rodeo? Better yet do you think it will come back?

Nice Hual & what a Honey Hole !!

Thanks fellas, hey Dancer, I think it was a penny hunt, or coin toss area where there must have been a big snowpile, or straw or somesuch where the kids would go and look for the coins...I have been wondering if its a yearly thing, theres another area off to the side of this one where they are deeper, like 3" or so...I should have checked some dates on the pennys to see what the last year was. Theres probably still a couple hundred coins there, I got over 500 of them in 2 days...I think theres mainly zinc pennys left,
Mud

stab and grab is the fastest way i have found also...... works great out on the ballfields where most coins are less than 3 inches deep..... i use my whites 5900 with 5.3 inch coil.... pinpoint is spot on ..... can usually pop the coin out in under 30 seconds and no hole to refill... i tend to pass on the zinc pennies and focus in on the dimes and quarters ........ congrats mud i think you just solved this countries penny shortage..lol..lol.. but seriously thats quite a haul .... happy huntin.....

I think I have found that many nails in one day, but never that many coins, jeepers snowbunny