Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

....also the Gold Bug and Gold Bug II, as well as the Tesoro Diablo uMax, Fisher 1260x series, and I'm sure many others.

Ralph

On the Teknetics and Bounty Hunter side of the "family tree" we find George Payne, who contributed pivotal designs in the forms of the Red Baron, Big Bud and other ID/Disc designs. One of the great business decisions First Texas made was to acquire the patents and designs of PNI/Bounty Hunter and Teknetics. The Tracker and Quick Draw series, really all of the BH lineup, have drawn directly on that earlier work. That seems to have culminated in the Land Ranger and Time Ranger, and now takes a new direction under Dave's expertise.

Back before Dave was employed by First Texas, and he was out of work and a little down and out, I exchanged a few emails or forum threads with him. His big gripe was that he had new ideas about detector designs that the major companies weren't interested in. He was seeking a company that would give him more free reign to pursue his designs. It would appear he's found that company!

-Ed

John Gardiner ? I wonder if he's the guy who used to make the Garginer series of detectors years ago.