Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4-20-19 finds.

sasquache

Took my Safari out with the stock 11 fbs coil for a 2 mile hike came across im thinking late 1700's to early 1800's cellar hole didnt find much for coinage but dang there was alot of metal in the ground first off found a big old dandy with some sort of pattern on the face a small button with a makers mark on the back a chain link (sure sounded like a coin!) 2 stinkin Lincoln's from the 1970's a shotgun head stamp western #12 super X , a funny shaped lid.and a very rough musket ball also a piece of lead . Most items were 8-10 inches down buy loud and clear! Love my Safari and hope too detect more oundation sites this summer. Thank you for looking. Sas

Thank you Confetrit it was a beautiful small cellar hole worth a second look with a smaller coil but is it me or no one's posting on the Safari /Quattro forum??

Hey John it was a good time but i must return with a small coil for sure. There are so many targets in the ground lots of junk included.

sasquache said:
Took my Safari out with the stock 11 fbs coil for a 2 mile hike came across im thinking late 1700's to early 1800's cellar hole didnt find much for coinage but dang there was alot of metal in the ground first off found a big old dandy with some sort of pattern on the face a small button with a makers mark on the back a chain link (sure sounded like a coin!) 2 stinkin Lincoln's from the 1970's a shotgun head stamp western #12 super X , a funny shaped lid.and a very rough musket ball also a piece of lead . Most items were 8-10 inches down buy loud and clear! Love my Safari and hope too detect more oundation sites this summer. Thank you for looking. Sas

Very nice finds!! I'm in Illinois visiting family and keeping 5 grandchildren entertained! So I've been busy since the start of the year building a new house etc;. I haven't been out doing much serious detecting but flying back this Friday and plan to get out much more. Enjoying all the posts and yes, I've also noticed a huge drop off on todays finds forum which tells me that it's getting much harder to find decent finds, especially gold and silver. Its still out there but deeper!

I do agree Goldstrike but here in Maine there is still plenty of old ground to cover time for this hobby is limited for most. But fun to swing and just get away too breath the fresh air. Have a great time and get out a detect.