Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4 Short (Educational) Deus Videos

earthmansurfer

I'm getting to learn the machine and having some fun doing so. Here are 4 short edited videos from a 3 hour hunt today. I show the screen and you can hear the sounds quite well - partly why I call them educational, in an observational sort of a way. I decided to keep the videos separate that way it's easier to focus on the given segments/targets. Lot to be said for the Deus' sounds. I would appreciate you comments (and corrections) as well, in particular on the last video. 6+ hours on the Deus and counting ;-)

Enjoy,
Albert

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3k1FRBZmfY[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep-zpcdwWwo[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc2rZyx3T5w[/video]

Shallow target with No VID? This has happened to me quite a bit and I'd like some ideas. It's hard to tell the difference between shallow targets with no VID and deep targets with no VID. I wonder if it could be from my iron mineralized ground? GB? Or?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WULf13WM1KY[/video]

Good education vids and the silver ring was sweet!

Thanks guys. I just wanted to add this explanation from another forum. Keith Southern knows his stuff:

Keith Southern said:
[size=medium]Hey Albert...

Those Non-I.D. tarerget's are becasue the machine think's it's too deep to I.D.

And alot of times they will turn out to be small and shallow...

pay attention to your horsehoe graph...you will notice when you get no i.d. the graph is only barely lit at the top of the non-ferrous side...That graph is way accurate for idying iron non iron in nail sizes...

The guy who built the DEUS is really in touch with in ground target scenario's..especially iron unmasking...if it can read it close it will i.d. on coin size object's...if it cant it stays blank and you use the tone

The designer knows the I.D. are almost useless past 7-8 inches on coin sizes so He opt's to let the audio talk...He's all audio ...Not for sure he even wanted and I.D. meter..LOL!!!

Video 2 (iron video)
Yes that iron that size will false to high...but there's tell tale signs to listen for...Slight warble in the tone...pull towards the edge a little from center and the iron grunt will come more powerful...
Your machine is working like it is supposed to work and also you are seeing the freq's in action...

You can tell it's a larger target it fill's the the horseshoe in more in all freq's compared to your first small target video...you see the GMP program flipping from high i.d. numbers to no i.d. number's on a powerful hit...that right there is a good indicator it's iron falsing...the 4khz does not wont to read it on i.d period yet it hits it fluttery also..sure sign of larger iron...12khz show's the id jumping from the 70's to 90 so it right in the middle of the zone..and you know when a machine is flopping number's and the target is strong it's a good chance it's trash...

The 4 khz I.D''s visually the best but yet can't really put it on the i.d. scale because it would be a false I.D. but... remember on a batlefield or roman occupied site civil war sites here in the states or colonial sites a piece of iron that size will most surely need to be dug..the user Artifact seeker will most surely want that target...An some time's those target's will be quite deep...4khz is the deep seeker freq for large target's...

This is were we need to learn the nuances of the freqs we are in and use them to our advantage...The machine behaves like it does for a reason...The designer knows exaclty why it does what it does...and He built it like this for a reason...

12Khz is the more standard acting detector mode.safe mode and again the one peope want ot gravitate towards... But this detector offers so much more...

the other freq's dont care too much about a visual I.D. they are specialty mode's and people using those mode's could care less about an I.D. they are artifact collector's..

For the most part the DEUS is not designed to be a Coin Shooter yet it works well... it is designed for the serious enthusiast trying to work target's out of iron infested site's..using the appropriate freq an coupled setting's

Just my take on it

Keith
[/size]

great info Albert...