Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4corp badge ?

SlickT

My buddy found this a couple weeks ago and I believe it is a 4 corps badge ?? Could anybody help me I.D. this badge ? It measures about 1 3/4" x 1 3/4"

Was the 4th corps camped in the area it was found? I'd say its a possibility, those holes look like the remains of some type of attachments

yes I believe the 4 corps was in our area ( Pulaski Tn. ) I think they were the Army of the Cumberland.

Here is a link that may be a little help . Good luck. CCH

http://howardlanham.tripod.com/linkgr3/link151.html

umrgolf said:
Was the 4th corps camped in the area it was found? I'd say its a possibility, those holes look like the remains of some type of attachments

The reality is that you'll never be able to definitively say that the piece was a corps badge without any identifying marks or existing attachments. However, I would lean towards a corps badge if the provenance of the site where it was dug defined it as such. If everything coming out of the ground was civil war era, and it was where the Army of the Cumberland was known to be, its very likely that's what it was. On the flip side of that argument, if it was found in an area where 90% of the targets are modern with a few CW finds mixed in, it makes it extremely tough to prove the piece is a badge. The reason I say all that is because a triangle is not a very "stand-alone" shape like some of the other corps badges. It has seen many uses throughout time, past and present.

I think I found the prof that the 4corp Army of the Cumberland was camp in Pulaski here is a link 4corp Army of the Cumberland
Everything we found at this location has been civil war relics . I think we may have found a place where they camp for a few days ? Here are a few more relics I found at this location.

Lots of williams cleaners; soldiers would toss 'em pretty regularly. Didnt like them much. cch

We dug 17 of those williams cleaners in about a 2 foot square at this same location it was crazy fun!!!! after we found 3 or 4 in this same hole I would just dig a scoop and run my pinpointer over the scoop and there would be 2 or 3 more , I guess a soldier was setting there going through his ammo . Lots of fun !!!!