Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4KHZ QUESTION

Ok guys I have talked to other deus users and they say the samething, you never see any programs in 4khz.. Is there a reason why, Are there any of you out there that do use 4khz INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO YOU ANDY!! I want to hear everyones opinion whos willing to give it, thanks guys AND GALS

The 4 kHz frequency would seem to be ideally suited for finding deep silver and in some cases this has proven to be the case . . . . the problem is there are some built-in limitations to the frequency . .

1) Frequency offset is not available so EMI can be a problem as lower frequencies on the Deus tend to be more sensitive to this

2) TX Power is fixed at "3" which may be like driving in the fog in bad ground or EMI conditions

The changes to the GB circuit has helped but in some areas it is not usable . . . . . give it a try and switch frequencies sweeping over a known deeper target to see how the response changes

The 4 kHz will be optimzed for the new 2-box Hoard Hunter attachment which is on the way . . . . . the Deus will get some impressive depth at the lower frequency while ignoring the small trash

Hope this helps

Andy

Andy Sabisch said:
The 4 kHz frequency would seem to be ideally suited for finding deep silver and in some cases this has proven to be the case . . . . the problem is there are some built-in limitations to the frequency . .

1) Frequency offset is not available so EMI can be a problem as lower frequencies on the Deus tend to be more sensitive to this

2) TX Power is fixed at "3" which may be like driving in the fog in bad ground or EMI conditions

The changes to the GB circuit has helped but in some areas it is not usable . . . . . give it a try and switch frequencies sweeping over a known deeper target to see how the response changes

The 4 kHz will be optimzed for the new 2-box Hoard Hunter attachment which is on the way . . . . . the Deus will get some impressive depth at the lower frequency while ignoring the small trash

Hope this helps

Andy

Is the 2 box hoard hunter similar to Garrett's treasure hound!! And whites ummm I can't think of the name, anyhow how much will it sell for????

If I'm on the right track with the treasure hound when will it be available for purchase along with retail price

Price TBD . . . . yes, it is an attachment but will offer more based on the Deus circuitry - there is a photo of the coil setup in the book (see page 84).

Andy

To simplify this just a little......when hunting for deep silver in a location where deep silver is expected and the 4 kHz mode is running stable in that location is this the best frequency for the job?

Back when I used my X-Terra 705 a lot I ran my low frequency coil for deep silver because of the basic understanding that low freq. for high conductors and high freq. for low conductors. I know it's not always that simple but a general rule.

Dave

Crusty said:
To simplify this just a little......when hunting for deep silver in a location where deep silver is expected and the 4 kHz mode is running stable in that location is this the best frequency for the job?

Back when I used my X-Terra 705 a lot I ran my low frequency coil for deep silver because of the basic understanding that low freq. for high conductors and high freq. for low conductors. I know it's not always that simple but a general rule.

Dave

Dave,

Yes . . . . if it runs stable with the limitiations I mentioned that would be teh frequency to try . . . . hits hard on the higher conductive targets and the TID spread is greatest. It also halps in bottle cap identification.

I will try to get a DEEP SILVER program I have using that frequency posted soon . . . . . just need to find those extra 5 hours in the day :stars:

Andy

I have used the 4 kHz coinshooting,and as Andy mentions,it has it's limmitations,but in areas where you can run it,it is a coin "hammer"!:happy: Plus it really doesn't care for bottle caps,and will "rat" them out in seconds!