Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5 " coil depth readings are off on my G2

Sonny1965

[size=medium]While using the five inch coil I noticed the depth readings are way off. What could cause this ? I have ground balanced regularly. Thanks Sonny [/size]

Sonny----Depth readings with the 5" DD coil on the G2 will be off some.-----The G2 is callibrated for depth (readings) with the 11" DD stock coil.--------Del

Yep---you're "good to go" Sonny.-----There is no problem with your detector or coil(s) on the depth read out.-----Both small and larger coils tend to throw depth read outs off a little.----Nothing to be concerned about at all---just be aware of the fact that it does occur.--------Del

Your detector has to be calibrated to the coil and also the 5 in is deeper then 5in in the ground :shocked:

Steve,

Back in the days of TR detectors, there was a myth that the coil size was the maximum depth it would get. Now today's detectors surpass this daily.

I see I have already dug regularly at 7 inches with this 5 inch coil . The wuestion I had was that I am getting a reading of 0 for depth of target and it will actually be 3 to 4 inches down.

That's the computer compensating for the smaller coil and pushing the same gain in the 5in and not an 11in DD. Hope this helps.