Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5" excellerator coil setting..

A

Anonymous

It seems to work best in relic mode, switch center position, low disc, near zero, gain plus 3. Still question depth. I would hit a kenndy half @5 inches. That was the best I could get out of the coil.

John, I read your post and did some testing on my MXT. I tested the 9.5 stock and the 5 inch Excelerator. Keep in mind that I have the White's coil cover on my 5 inch Excelerator and that keeps the bottom of the coil an additional half-inch away from the target. (thinking about taking the dremel tool to the edge of it and cutting off some of the sides) Since machines vary, it is a good idea to check more than one coil when you are comparing readings to someone elses MXT. I airtested at a gain of +3 with both coils and left my discriminate at 3.5. Sensitivity at audible level and center position with finger switch. A 1967 Kennedy half hits the 9.5 concentric coil in the c/j mode at 11.25 inches on my machine. Enough sound to catch my ear, but display readings do not show up until 10.5 inches. On the 5 inch Excelerator, can hear the half at 7 inches, but does not read out on the display until 6.25 inches. Keep in mind again that I have the coil cover on mine. I tried a clad quarter and it surprisingly was within a quarter inch of the half in all tests. Relic mode caught my ear with a change in threshold at the same distances as coin and jewelry with both coils and both coins, but gave a high tone and VDI at a greater depth than in the C/J mode. I suggest you try the 9.5 and see how it compares to mine, for example. That will help you determine if the machine or the coil is not as hot as it might be. Better yet, if you know someone who has a MXT, swap around coils and machines and test with every possible combination. Good luck and thanks for the posts.

I went back and did get numbers like yours. If you cut the gain down to7 or 8 , you lose about half your depth. For now on I be using hi gain. Thanks

I just got a 5 inch Excellerator coil for my Sovereign Elite and notice it only has about 1/2 the depth as my 8 inch coinsearch coil on air test. I had one for my Explorer too and I wasnt very impressed with it either depthwise or seperation plus not built as nice as the Sunray coils and wonder if it was just the Excellerator coil for the Minelabs that are not that great or if these for the MXT are as good as some say.
On my MXT I have used the 4X6 mini shooter in some heavy trash and I know I could get a dime or penny at 5-6 inches with no problem with the disc at the second preset, gain at +1 in relic mode with the trigger in center postion. I also run the tracking on too and have to go a little slower than normal with all the trash.
If I can get a good deal on a 5 and a 14 inch Excellerator coil I can see for myself if they work any better than what I have. I know those for the Minelabs dont work as good as the Sunrays or Minelab coils for us up here in ND.
Rick

Rick
alls I can say is the mxt and minelabs are 2 different critters altogether, I have the 5 inch ex coil and use a mxt. Running a gain of 9 I have dug a wheat penny at 6 inches that sounded off good and id'ed properly, I don't know about minelabs but as far as the mxt the excelerator coils are that good if not better. I had the 4x6 for the mxt and it is a good coil but the 5 inch ex. is MO BETTA.
Ray

Ray,
Been looking to see a used 14 inch for sale reasonable to try and then resell again without losing a lot of money if it dont work out.
Like you say the ones for the Whites may be differnt than those for the Minelabs and the only way to see is to try one which I hope to do.
Rick

Rick,
Hey try one from Kellyco. It may cost you the shipping and handling but they have a 14 day return policy. I have noticed I don't seem to see alot of MXT's or ex. coils for sale. Call kellyco and ask for JW, he'll give you the best deal he can on the coil. To each his own but personally I feel kellyco is the best !! There are great to deal with.
Ray