Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5 x 9.5 coil, first hunt on the beach.

buggg

Just received the coil yesterday , tried it out on the beach and in the water. The beaches here in the Ozarks are rock, with a little clay and sand mixed in . Not a beach you want to dig deep in.
Awesome little coil. Seperates extremely well. I picked up a dime and 2 inches away has a quarter sized steel washer and a large bent nail. Numbers were hitting mostly in the high 70's.,
with a high tone. I was in park one setting with 3 tones. I also detected in up to 18" of water, and the coil cut thru the water fine, of course at a slower speed. I did not go deeper , as its impossible to use a scooper with this rock infested area.
Deepest target was a 5" green clad quarter which rang out loud, and locked in at 88. No fancy finds, but a nice day off , air at 95, with the water temp at 87 degrees. It sure is handy having the machine and phones completely waterproof.
When I got hot, we both jumped in, never had to put the detector down!