Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5900 di pro sl/6000 di pro sl

Not sure of all the differences but the 6000 was an upline model compared to the 5900.
I know that's not much help :shrug:

Mark

I have a 6000 XLPro! But from what I have heard the 5900 was popular with Relic Hunters because of the Manual 10 turn Ground Balance...

Hey Big Red,

Both detectors are basically the same, personally, I don't think that one has an advantage over the other, it just comes down in how fast do you want ground balance.

The controls are:

1) Signal Balance
2) 4 - Mode settings
3) Discriminate
4) Tuner
5) Power Switch
6) Trigger Switch

The 6000/Di has Auto GEB Toggle Switch exclusively. This switch has "Air", "Lock" and "GND" or Auto Trac. The Auto Trac is just that, It tracks changes as you swing the coil and balances it accordingly. The 5000/Di has a knob indicated GEB and marked from zero (0) to Ten (10).

Here again, the GEB Toggle Switch (6000) or GEB knob (5000) after being set, basically does the same thing. . . changes with the ground and cancels out mineralization.

This is very important in your ground balancing your detector. The SIG BAL and AUTO GEB controls work in unison to tune out the effects of the ground and maximize detection depth.

Hope this helps,

TC-NM

The difference is the manual vs auto ground balance.I believe the 6000 was built first and they later found that there was a demand for the manual more precise ground balance, thus the 5900 to avoid confusing the two models.

My first machine was the 5900 DI Pro SL. I was too naive to understand it. Wish I had it back. I believe the 6000 used AA batteries and I know the 5900 used C batteries.