Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5X10 Eclipse coil 6x10?

A

Anonymous

Hi Folks, on the 5x10 Eclipse coil by Whites where do you'al find the center of pinpoint looking at the top of the coil when pinpointing, thanks, Mike M

Usually right under the large letter "I" in the word eclipse on the coil. Easiest way I've found to pinpoint with DD coils is to find its deepest pinpoint on your meter, remember it and pull the coil straight back until the signal dramatically drops off. The target will be right at the tip of your coil at the depth you remembered.

Whoops! Shallowest depth with fullest meter. Sorry 'bout that. Then remember THAT, pull back and it will be at the tip of your coil when the pinpoint 'sound' drops way back. Wrote that earlier with no coffee in my system.

Gotcha, the left/right is easy front to mack is a bit more difficult, I slid it back and forth to try and hit the middle and if done right it will hit right under the mounting bolt. The 3x6 is eaiser and I think thats because the length of the coil is shorter, your methos is probably more accurate. Thanks for the input, Mike