Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5x10 gets the job done

tmanly

I was at an old Post office site on the first time out with the 5x10 coil. I found junk, lead, silver and some clad. Anytime you can go out and have fun, it was a good day. The Racer is Simple and fun to use.

Tom in SC

silver_zpsik3yzei6.jpg

Thanks Richard. I got the hardware today,

The 5x10 is always been one of my favorite coils. I used it for years on the Troy Shadow. The racer and the 5x10 gives you a little more depth over the small coil plus it covers more ground.
I like that the toe or front, it great to use for pinpointing the target. The depth is really good. The padlock was almost 12" deep. But it had a lot of brass in it so that did help.
I believe this coil is a keeper. I plan to open field hunt with the big coil soon and feel the depth on it will be even better.

I was hunting this time with a sens of 80, disc 16 and 2 tones. It will still give overload on targets around 2" or less. But this is not a problem for me because I often do not dig shallow targets.

If the stock coil is anything like the one for the Fors Core, I know it will be great for depth as well.

Tom in SC

Great finds Tmanly!!! I have been seriously considering a 5x10 for my Racer. I could use the extra ground coverage on the fringes of the nail beds.

Stop talking this way! You make me want one now! :surrender:

But I would want to order more lower rods, ya know? 1 for the small, medium, large, AND the washer sets and clips and bolts/screws.

Does anyone know if Dikek or Nokta/Makro have these "packaged deals" available? If not, THEY NEED TO. THEY would get alot of these "packaged deal" orders...

Bubba

Sorry for the delay in responding. The half was just 5" deep on a hard packed road bed. It read 92/93 load and clear.
I also have the large coil and plan to go out field hunting with it. I am expecting it to be deep compared to the stock 11" coil.
I am not sure where all the lead hunks came from. But there was plenty there.

Did not get out this weekend, too many honey do's...

Tom in SC

The dealer can make you up a package deal as the lower shaft unlike many others is only $16.00 MAP price and with my pro package I had the extra bolts and washers to mount my small coil on the shaft so it is easy to switch if needed, I think my next item will be the 10-X5.5 coil as it is only $139 MAP Price. I will say the coils and poles cost a lot lees then most do.

Rick