Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6” x 44” Mini Power Sluice Flow Question

audioverture

Hi all!

I’m new to the forum and new to gold prospecting, however, I’ve been prospecting fossils for several years now… With that said, I apologize in advance for my newbie questions.

I am working on building a mini mobile wash plant for wet classifying fossils and sluicing gold. I just ordered an Adventures In Gold Prospecting (AIGP) 6” x 44” Mini Power Sluice outfitted with Dream Mat and I intend to mount everything in the bed of a Gorilla Cart (think big off-road wagon)

My main question is around flow rate for my 6” x 44” AIGP Mini Power Sluice.

Im looking at using an 18V battery powered Ryobi 600 GPH transfer pump paired with several 9AH batteries for extended run times. I like this solution because the battery attaches directly to the pump (which will be mounted in the cart) and mitigates any loose wires. Additionally, the pump has a variable 3 speed flow control which may prove convenient while classifying. With that said, I’m concerned 600 GPH is not enough flow rate to be effective while running material through the sluice.

I should add that I plan to classify down to 1/8 (or possibly as low as 1/12) as I’m always looking for fossils as I process material.

Is 600 GPH enough flow for a 6” x 44” sluice? If not, can anyone point me towards a self-contained battery powered (non bilge style) pump solution in the 1000 - 1200 GPH range?

Thanks!

Audioverture

Hi all!

I’m new to the forum and new to gold prospecting, however, I’ve been prospecting fossils for several years now… With that said, I apologize in advance for my newbie questions.

I am working on building a mini mobile wash plant for wet classifying fossils and sluicing gold. I just ordered an Adventures In Gold Prospecting (AIGP) 6” x 44” Mini Power Sluice outfitted with Dream Mat and I intend to mount everything in the bed of a Gorilla Cart (think big off-road wagon)

My main question is around flow rate for my 6” x 44” AIGP Mini Power Sluice.

Im looking at using an 18V battery powered Ryobi 600 GPH transfer pump paired with several 9AH batteries for extended run times. I like this solution because the battery attaches directly to the pump (which will be mounted in the cart) and mitigates any loose wires. Additionally, the pump has a variable 3 speed flow control which may prove convenient while classifying. With that said, I’m concerned 600 GPH is not enough flow rate to be effective while running material through the sluice.

I should add that I plan to classify down to 1/8 (or possibly as low as 1/12) as I’m always looking for fossils as I process material.

Is 600 GPH enough flow for a 6” x 44” sluice? If not, can anyone point me towards a self-contained battery powered (non bilge style) pump solution in the 1000 - 1200 GPH range?

Thanks!

Audioverture
Maybe use two pumps. Have six levels of adjustment. Use a sweep plumbing T to combine them.

As long as you get an back eddy over your riffles you are fine for water flow. Water flow and angle all come into play. If you classify to 1/8 . That is plenty I do 1/4 inch and the fines stick. I run a sluce in the water or a recycler on my driveway.

Now that we had flooding I will classify a couple of pails and run the new material. Should be interesting. Never now. Everything changes all the time. You should catch most in the upper part of sluice or recycler . Some use carpet and some use miners moss. The rib on top will hold the most. Don't push the water to hard but you need to see the overburden run off . If you have anything it will stick. Do a clean up after two or three classified pails. If you want you can put a bucket on the bottom but never found much. It was always on top. Best of luck.