Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6" coil a little chatty on the Legend

Tommy Boy

I was finally able to get the Legend out on a couple hour hunt. I started out using the LG30 coil, which I really liked, I tried the 6" coil and noticed it was chatty, I did the noise cancle and grond balance. The only thing that helped was reducing sensitivity. Is this normal with that coil, I am going to try some different hunt sites tomorrow.

I like the coil as far as depth and separation go, it will be a mean snipper in tight spaces.

I was finally able to get the Legend out on a couple hour hunt. I started out using the LG30 coil, which I really liked, I tried the 6" coil and noticed it was chatty, I did the noise cancle and grond balance. The only thing that helped was reducing sensitivity. Is this normal with that coil, I am going to try some different hunt sites tomorrow.

I like the coil as far as depth and separation go, it will be a mean snipper in tight spaces.
what you are describing with the 6 inch round coil is not normal at all at least that is not what I noticed with the 6 inch round in fact it was quite the opposite on the ground I detect my 6 inch round ran really quite and was pretty deep for a 6 inch coil, have never used the LG 30 yet, I do intend on purchasing the LG30 in the future though, I did purchase the LG24 9.5x6 inch coil and really like it a lot I have the LG24 mounted on one of my Legends and the LG28 on the other until I aquire the LG30 and then I most likely will never use the LG28 again

I wish these detector companies would start making a 9.5x5 or 10x 5 or 6 standard on their new detectors and quit assuming that all of us like a 11 inch round coil, I think most manufactures would sell just as many detectors with a smaller coil they could always make a 11 inch round coil for those that want a 11 inch coil personally I would never purchase a 11 inch coil the 9.5x 6 or 5 is my preferred coil of use

what you are describing with the 6 inch round coil is not normal at all at least that is not what I noticed with the 6 inch round in fact it was quite the opposite on the ground I detect my 6 inch round ran really quite and was pretty deep for a 6 inch coil, have never used the LG 30 yet, I do intend on purchasing the LG30 in the future though, I did purchase the LG24 9.5x6 inch coil and really like it a lot I have the LG24 mounted on one of my Legends and the LG28 on the other until I aquire the LG30 and then I most likely will never use the LG28 again

I wish these detector companies would start making a 9.5x5 or 10x 5 or 6 standard on their new detectors and quit assuming that all of us like a 11 inch round coil, I think most manufactures would sell just as many detectors with a smaller coil they could always make a 11 inch round coil for those that want a 11 inch coil personally I would never purchase a 11 inch coil the 9.5x 6 or 5 is my preferred coil of use
I think a 9 inch and a 7 inch coil would complement the legend a lot. I guess eventually nokta will manufacture a 7 and 9 inch coil hopefully.