Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6'' to 8" pulltab

artd

I dug 4 pulltabs at 6 to 8 inches that id at 88 and 92 sounded great. using 11" coil. my buddy using his 9" also dug a couple same depth. Anybody else have this happen? How to avoid digging deep tabs?

From what I've read and my experience there isn't a good way to avoid these unless you want to risk missing some silver.

I did dig a silver and torquiose ring at around 9" that was under a pull tab. The signal was different...not quite 2 signals, but enough to make me dig deep.

What frequency were you running?

My pulltabs don't ring up that high on 8khz. At 8 the ones I find are between 40's an 50's depending on whether they are one piece?

newuser said:
My pulltabs don't ring up that high on 8khz. At 8 the ones I find are between 40's an 50's depending on whether they are one piece?

I agree, my VID #'s are much lower on pull tabs. Did you recheck the holes after you recovered the tabs to make sure that there wasn't anything still in the hole?

Sometimes when iron is near a deep target it will pull the ID up giving the impression of an improper ID on an object like a pull tab. I have experienced the same phenomenon but always around iron (I always rock with iron volume on).
In addition, a high ID non-ferrous target will also blend with a lower value non-ferrous and create an ID value balanced somewhere between the size difference and proximity of the two targets.

artd said:
I dug 4 pulltabs at 6 to 8 inches that id at 88 and 92 sounded great. using 11" coil. my buddy using his 9" also dug a couple same depth. Anybody else have this happen? How to avoid digging deep tabs?

If you want the gold pulltabs, are a part of the job on ANY detector.

Artd, if you are referring to me, I think my iron volume setting is on 3 using the back phones. That way I can hear it but it won't be overwhelming (ears are going from all the years of factory noise).
The iron volume can help to tell if the high tone wrap around is part of the iron signal because they will be the same intensity most of the time.
If the high tone is much louder/softer than the iron audio, you have a good chance of the high tone being a seperate target from the iron.

Try circling your hole 360 degrees to see if the signal is the same all the way around I agree with the other fella that's high, there had to be more in the hole! Unless those tabs got silver in them.. lol

Had to be something else pulling the number up. Did you find any iron in the hole ?

If your ground balance was not set where needed, it can cause the TID's to read off as well. I have seen when using MANUAL, that if the ground changes and I do not rebalance that TID's are off to the point I am questioning what the Deus is telling me. Check the value as sensed by the detector and see if the value set is diverging - positve or negative.

Let us know what GB option you were using and if you see a difference the next time you are out between the two displayed values, try rebalancing and check the target again.

Andy

I am a new Deus user and I can tell you that bottle caps are my only real issue with the Deus. On my other machines, bottle caps have never really been a problem, but not so with the Deus. I have tried using the silencer settings but I lose too much depth in my opinion. I have also tried the wiggle over and back method listening for a more crackly iron sound. In my test garden they sound too much like quarters for my ear. I am currently experimenting with notching out the 80-86 (normalized VDIs) as well as retrying the silencer and wiggle back with lower frequencies. (Basic 1 at 12 kHz works well in my soil for coinshooting)

As I side note, I just received Andy's book on the XP. Anyone owning or considering owning a Deus would do well to buy his book.

HH
Robert

As a follow up to my post above, I played in my test garden yesterday using 4khz and non normalized VDIs. This made isolating most pop top sand pull tabs much easier, with no apparent loss in depth or clarity of signal. More experimenting to be done, but for me this may be the answer.

HH
Robert

This happens alot for me to. I get deep tabs and deep foil that hits around 90. It started happening after I updated to version 3.1. It never happened with version 2. This is one of my biggest complaints of the update that and the audio is not as good. Been thinking of going back to version 2.