Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6X10 Nokta coil?

Dilek posted back a few days ago she was giving their development team that task and would get back with us:clapping:

What would be the advantage more depth? I have an MX5 with the stock 9" plus the 6x9 DD and have not had the stock coil on since I got the DD.
Just curious.

Hardrock65 said:
What would be the advantage more depth? I have an MX5 with the stock 9" plus the 6x9 DD and have not had the stock coil on since I got the DD.
Just curious.
You might get "more depth" over a smaller-size coil, like the Nokta/Makro 4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size] DD. You might also get a little more coverage on the left-to-right sweep, if the location conditions are favorable and there are not too many closely-located targets.

For me and my general needs, 'depth' isn't as important as being able to hunt in a densely littered site, especially those that about in iron. For ME, I like the 5½X10 DD over the stock 7X11 DD because it weighs less, balances better, and can provide a little improvement in a more sparse-target location. The small 'OOR' coil [size=small](the little Out-of-Round coil)[/size] is what I keep mounted on my Racer full-time because I use it most of the time.

As for the other brand detector and coil choices you have, my personal preference was to use the 6½" round Concentric most of the time, and in more-open, sparser-target locations, the round 9" spider Concentric coil was the better choice for in-the-field performance as well as coverage and depth. I have used the 6X10 DD coils many times, both in-the-field and in seminars and other demonstrations with people and, time-and-again, it didn't perform as well as people thought and didn't match the overall performance and depth of the round 9" Concentric coil.

The Nokta/Makro folks only make Double-D coils for their FORS and Racer models, at least at this time, but I would like to see/have a good working, smaller-size Concentric coil for them .... IF they could work well with their detector circuitry design. The important thing to consider is how the detector itself was designed and if, by design, it functions best with a Concentric or DD coil type.

As it is, I am quite pleased with the performance of the FORS CoRe and Racer with their little 'OOR' coil mounted. :thumbup: Killers in dense trash.

Monte

[size=small]PS: I'll add my personal preference is coil descriptions. I will type the smaller measurement first and the larger measurement second. When shopping for lumber to build a wall or a deck or ???, I order a 2X4 or a 2X6, and not the other way around. I note that Nokta/Makro refer to their little 'OOR' coil that way, describing it as a 4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size]. So I call a 6X8 SEF, or 5½X10 Nokta/Makro, or 8X9 Tesoro coil they way I believe they ought to be described.[/size]