Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

9.5 x5 coil

Old coin hunter

I didn’t state in my last post about finds by coil size. All areas I hunted with the 11 inch coil I went back over with the 9.5 x5 and found right at 20% more coins. The areas I hunted had more than average trash in them. I’m just learning this detector but this smaller coil is the way to go. I swing it a lot slower than the 11 inch. JMO.

The best success is usually going to be working a coil slowly-and-methodically regardless of size/shape with most modern detectors. When in more trash, making certain to work slowly and patiently. The Simplex + works quite well with the stock 11" DD coil in more of the wide-open / sparse-target locations. Places like a beach, plowed field or perhaps a sports field, etc. But my Daily-Use Team of detectors includes my 2nd Simplex + that I keep the 5X9½ DD mounted to and, by far, it is a great combinations for working most of the littered sites we encounter, especially in a lot of urban Coin & Jewelry potential sites. The weight and balance of the package make it easy to casually hunt a site with an efficient sweep sped, and, coupled with the terrific response of the Simplex +, the results can be impressive. :thumbup:

The Simplex + w/5X9½ DD is easily one of my favorite detector / coil combinations. My settings work well, and most of the time I am at full Sensitivity. I have all my modes set to save at turn-off at Full Sensitivity (which is the normal setting I use with every detector the past half-a-century unless EMI or ground mineral issues call for a reduction to gain stability) and each of the four Disc. mode have either '0' Disc. segments rejected or no more the the first '2' Disc. segments ejected. Iron Audio Volume is kept low in the 3 modes that allow it, and I typically turn the detector On, GB, and start hunting w/o tinkering with any adjustment functions. No need to most of the time, and the 5X9½ DD helped with stability, too.

Monte

The best success is usually going to be working a coil slowly-and-methodically regardless of size/shape with most modern detectors. When in more trash, making certain to work slowly and patiently. The Simplex + works quite well with the stock 11" DD coil in more of the wide-open / sparse-target locations. Places like a beach, plowed field or perhaps a sports field, etc. But my Daily-Use Team of detectors includes my 2nd Simplex + that I keep the 5X9½ DD mounted to and, by far, it is a great combinations for working most of the littered sites we encounter, especially in a lot of urban Coin & Jewelry potential sites. The weight and balance of the package make it easy to casually hunt a site with an efficient sweep sped, and, coupled with the terrific response of the Simplex +, the results can be impressive. :thumbup:

The Simplex + w/5X9½ DD is easily one of my favorite detector / coil combinations. My settings work well, and most of the time I am at full Sensitivity. I have all my modes set to save at turn-off at Full Sensitivity (which is the normal setting I use with every detector the past half-a-century unless EMI or ground mineral issues call for a reduction to gain stability) and each of the four Disc. mode have either '0' Disc. segments rejected or no more the the first '2' Disc. segments ejected. Iron Audio Volume is kept low in the 3 modes that allow it, and I typically turn the detector On, GB, and start hunting w/o tinkering with any adjustment functions. No need to most of the time, and the 5X9½ DD helped with stability, too.

Monte
Monte: Just got home from working a small area that i hadn't worked on a property that is 50x100 ft. I've already found 194 coins on this lot with all being clad except 4 wheats. I had the 11 inch coil on and pulled out a wheat, lincoln, 65 quarter and a 43 merc. Lucky day. Jim

Monte: Just got home from working a small area that i hadn't worked on a property that is 50x100 ft. I've already found 194 coins on this lot with all being clad except 4 wheats. I had the 11 inch coil on and pulled out a wheat, lincoln, 65 quarter and a 43 merc. Lucky day. Jim

I didn’t state in my last post about finds by coil size. All areas I hunted with the 11 inch coil I went back over with the 9.5 x5 and found right at 20% more coins. The areas I hunted had more than average trash in them. I’m just learning this detector but this smaller coil is the way to go. I swing it a lot slower than the 11 inch. JMO.
Was this coil from NEL or the simplex small coil??

Was this coil from NEL or the simplex small coil??
The NEL website says they're coils for the simplex should be out in December. Therefore, I presume it's the 5X9 1/2 Nokta coil like I am using on one of my two Simplex devices. It is relay a terrific coil.

Monte

The NEL website says they're coils for the simplex should be out in December. Therefore, I presume it's the 5X9 1/2 Nokta coil like I am using on one of my two Simplex devices. It is relay a terrific coil.

Monte
Hoping for a Nel Snake size coil. Picture on Nel website shows a solid eliptical not an open coil as the Sharpshooter would be.