Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A BIG "THANK YOU" to Administration for this new forum---MUCH APPRECIATED!

Well what do you know, I guess the powers that be took notice ! I'm gobsmacked !

Site Admins and others, thank you, and I speak for all those that have a GB / G2, as well as future owners, a big [size=x-large]THANK YOU[/size]

Now that we have this in place, I would like to remind everyone not to abuse this forum, we have been lucky to obtain this section to post here with our finds and ask questions etc.

Again, Admin and others, thanks.

:clapping::hot::thumbup:

Thanks for the forum!! Finally a place to call home.:yo: Now I gotta get out of this snow and back to Cali for some good stuff.
HH
Godigit

I am in the market to purchase the Goldbug 2 and was of the impression that it is not a good coin detector. Is this correct?

starvin said:
I am in the market to purchase the Goldbug 2 and was of the impression that it is not a good coin detector. Is this correct?

The GB2 was designed with one application in mind: to find small natural gold nuggets in areas already hammered by less sensitive machines. It will detect coins, but is not in the same league as machines designed for finding coins.

The new GB/G2 were designed first and foremost as gold machines (like the original Gold Bug which revolutionized what it meant to be a gold machine back in the 1980's and also ran at 19 kHz), but they also incorporated the discrimination technology of the Fisher F5 and Tek Omega, plus some technology of their own, for general purpose use. The concept of a multipurpose gold/relic/coin machine is not exactly new, having been pioneered by the Tesoro Lobo, White's MXT, Troy X5, Tek T2, and Fisher F75 & F70 & F5, of all of which I was the chief designer. The GB/G2's fortes are low conductivity targets and nonferrous targets mixed with iron trash, all user friendly at a midrange price.

If you're looking for max depth on old silver coins in a non-trashy area, the GB2 isn't in the running, and the GB/G2 are good. For the max we have the CZ3D, F70, F75, and Tek T2. Especially the F and Tek versions with boost mode.

--Dave J.

Dave J. said:
The new GB/G2 were designed first and foremost as gold machines (like the original Gold Bug which revolutionized what it meant to be a gold machine back in the 1980's and also ran at 19 kHz), but they also incorporated the discrimination technology of the Fisher F5 and Tek Omega, plus some technology of their own, for general purpose use.

That explains why my F5 10" coil works as well as some F70/F75 coils.

Talking of coils -- the new 15" DD for the F70/F75 - will there be one for the GB/G2 Dave J ?

Dave J. said:
THANK YOU DAVE! :thumbup: ----------Del

The GB2 was designed with one application in mind: to find small natural gold nuggets in areas already hammered by less sensitive machines. It will detect coins, but is not in the same league as machines designed for finding coins.

The new GB/G2 were designed first and foremost as gold machines (like the original Gold Bug which revolutionized what it meant to be a gold machine back in the 1980's and also ran at 19 kHz), but they also incorporated the discrimination technology of the Fisher F5 and Tek Omega, plus some technology of their own, for general purpose use. The concept of a multipurpose gold/relic/coin machine is not exactly new, having been pioneered by the Tesoro Lobo, White's MXT, Troy X5, Tek T2, and Fisher F75 & F70 & F5, of all of which I was the chief designer. The GB/G2's fortes are low conductivity targets and nonferrous targets mixed with iron trash, all user friendly at a midrange price.

If you're looking for max depth on old silver coins in a non-trashy area, the GB2 isn't in the running, and the GB/G2 are good. For the max we have the CZ3D, F70, F75, and Tek T2. Especially the F and Tek versions with boost mode.

--Dave J.

Thanks for the great summary, in your post above, Dave J. -- it is much appreciated. Like I felt when I bought the two machines, your information seems to confirm that with an F70 and now a new Gold Bug Pro, I have many of my bases covered in terms of different hunting situations.

Thanks for producing such great machines!

Steve

Dave,

Great job on all of those Detector's, But the G2 may not be a depth Master, but in the trash here in Georgia this is all I need. :teknetics:/:fisher: :detecting:

Who ever came up with the ideal to combine the G2 & Gold Bug into one forum is a raving genius.:thumbup:

It's been "asked for" at least a couple of times by different people but the main thing is----WE GOT IT!!!! YEE HAW :hot:
tabman said:
Who ever came up with the ideal to combine the G2 & Gold Bug into one forum is a raving genius.:thumbup:

A monster THANK YOU for the new forum. This should be just the best. Dave J thank you for a great first post. Am heading out to the Eastern Sierra this Saturday and hope to find some of that yellow stuff. Just can't say thank you enough for this new forum. And thank you for listening to the good folks that bought and use these two great machines. John McCann

Per Mr. Johnson's post...This is why I have both the G2 & Omega 8000! Very, Very well engineered machines. Not just in the looks department, weight, or simplicity...These machines with a bit of practice are just smokin right now and First Texas has it goin in the MD business...I also like the 1 (one) 9-volt battery operation. Reminds my of my old school Troy X2.

JMTC's

cowtownkid

cowtown kid -- sounds like you are set, as well, machine-wise, per Dave J.'s post. These G2/Gold Bugs seem to be able to hold an important place in someone's arsenal of machines -- a machine that loves the gold, but also gets pretty deep in its own right in a coin-shooting application, while really excelling in trashy spots, unmasking the good stuff amongst the iron. If someone has one good, deep coin machine, and then a G2/Gold Bug for partially-masked goodies, and a love for gold stuff -- with this type of two-machine setup, what else could you need for most hunting applications?!

By the way, is "cowtown" a reference to Fort Worth? I lived there for awhile, and really liked it. Now, I'm a few hours north, across the Red River...

Steve

Thanks for this forum and thanks for the continuing development on detectors, Fisher and Teknetics are really producing some great units for everyone!