Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A bit more silver...

REVIER

Still getting some time in with the Vaq and my new 5.75" sniper coil.
I just love hunting with the Vaq again, this coil seems to go deep and works very well in my trashy areas in the parks I usually hunt.

Came across this the other day, a strange signal just below nickel into the high foil area, actually just on the border between these two.
Solid for the most part so I dug it, and man was I surprised when I pulled this hollow but pretty large piece of silver out of the hole.

I have never had any silver jewelry item come in so low, even the small ones, except chains,,,but I do know why this happened.

That loop was not connected.
Objects like this, broken rings and chains will all come in at a completely different area that you think they should because of something called eddy currents.
Detectors find it hard to lock on chains sometimes because those links diffuse and send the return signal all kinds of different ways, in the case of open broken rings or this earring it will do the same.
It is almost like some of the signal leaks out the ends so it comes in at a different area...a lower area, than normal.
All silver chains I have ever found have come in between iron and zinc but no higher, and I do know that depth can also be severely limited do to this effect.
53Silver's excellent video below will illustrate this.

Lots know about this stuff but some of you newbies might not so I will throw all this info out there for you to digest.

This is just one more of many reasons why over time I turned into a hunter that digs most solid good signals no matter where they are...in good areas or trash.
If I wasn't, I would have never bothered to bend down and dig this foil signal and I would have never found this 2.7 gram beauty.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImKxZve5KGw[/video]