Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Buff and other neat stuff

Old coin hunter

Did some utility strip detecting and found these neat things. The small spoon is missing a little piece that i looked for but couldn't find . Just to the left of the little spoon is an old lighter that is missing the top cover. You can see where i hit the other spoon with my shovel :(, i wasn't happy about that. The old meter covers are pretty old also as the old meters were changed out at least over 50-60 years ago. Found the Buff on a utility strip of a lot i'd already hunted, but hadn't hunted the strip. Glad i hunted it today. HH, Jim.

Attachments

• 3-1-2021 Buff.jpg
    3-1-2021 Buff.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 3-1-2021 Finds.jpg
    3-1-2021 Finds.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 87
Would have to surmise the buff was lost before/during the Depression era. With so little "wear". it couldn't have been in circulation for very long. Good find!

Any time you find a Buffalo nickel (also called "Indian Head nickel") and you can read the date, you have a good find. Probably the one you have found didn't get carried around very much, before somebody dropped it.

Also, a nickel was a lot in those days. I've been around long enough to know -- "old timer" now, but as a kid in the late 1930s, I found a nickel on the ground. It was a big deal. With it, I bought a hamburger, with a whole, big dill pickle. Total cost five cents.

The one you've found could have done the same thing for the guy who dropped it, and I'll bet the guy didn't like losing it.

Cheers,

Joe