Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A few Compass Mods, An old TR AutoMatic & two Scanner Series

Old California

A recent conversion with a good friend on the Compass 94B AutoMatic brought back good memories, We both use the old Compass TR models of yesterday mainly the 77B but this will be his first AutoMatic so he's very excited to try her out at an old site laced with iron.

This conversion encouraged me to dust my 94B AutoMatic and share a couple photos of the 94B AutoMatic mod and a few others one the Compass GoldScanner Pro the other an old Au-2000. Anyone that has either one of these models knows what they can do especially at an old site laced with iron or for gold jewelry hunting, They still to this day can be a serious detector in the right hands.

I've renamed the 94B AutoMatic to Yukon AutoMatic, Same 100kHz detector but now the circuit board is housing inside a much smaller housing. Gutted out a Coin Hustler and squeezed in the 94B AutoMatic, Tight fit but she works great and better balanced.

The Compass GoldScanner Pro and Au-2000 are better balanced as well, Feels like a totally different detector yet has the same performance of the old stock setup and these two cruse through iron with ease separation is fantastic!

Hope the pics show, Thanks for looking.
Paul (Ca)

Thanks Denny,

Don't worry if your 94B Automatic is missing parts, Have plenty of spare parts.

Here's an idea, You can always remove the control box from the stock handle and mount it to an S or T handle underneath the arm rest that alone will balance the unit. That's the setup I went with the 77 AutoMatic, Better balanced yours would look and feel similar to this setup.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)

Hey Paul,

I have an AU-52 with what I'm told is a bad coil. Any ideas on how to get it fixed? The Texas Guru did a bunch of board repairs, but doesn't seem to have any ideas about the coil.

Hi Rick,

That was one of the Au-52 issues allot of them had a bad coil, I have an Au-52 and like yours has a bad coil. About the best thing to do is hang onto the Au a coil solution may come up in the future, have patience hang in there.

That's all I can say, Not at liberty to say what little I do know please have patience.

All the best,
Paul (Ca)