Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A few points for consideration

JoeR

Mike and Ralph have done a fine job as usual presenting the facts about an outstanding new machine.The T-2,in my opinion,is the most interesting of the new offerings that have been introduced.There are still areas to research to do,however,which need to be discussed courteously by those who appreciate all the hard work done thus far.One area to examine is performance in severe mineralization.The T-2 is a two filter machine which naturally raises concern.If a hot soil area is reasonably close by then some in ground tests on fresh buried coins should suffice.The characteristics of the T-2 indicate that it should be an excellent machine for iron trashed areas;it would be good ,however, to have some on site comparisons with a couple of other detectors known to be good in this area.Checking the same targets with each will tell us much.The bottle cap fuss is overdone,I think,since nearly all detectors have problems with flat iron.Thanks everyone for your contributions;this is a great forum so far.

Thanks Joe,

I think it's important to remember that just because a machine is of a two-filter design, does not automatically degate it's use in extreme mineralization. A good case in point might be the various induction balance gold machines that are generally of the two-filter design. These machines are able to tackle some pretty harsh mineralization in hunting for tiny gold nuggets in such areas, so the potential is obviously there. Many of those gold-specific machines, the better known and more popular models, have their genesis in the same designer as the T-2, Dave Johnson. Also, this machine has been specifically designed for use with double-D coil designs just for reasons of being able to handle harsh mineralization and target separation better, even though it weilds a relatively large 8x11 elliptical coil. What "disadgantage" a large coil may have is somewhat negated by the use of the DD design, and from hands-on experience, I can say that for such a large coil, the T-2 is simply awsome in it's ability to separate closely co-located coins. In a specific test, the T-2 can easily separate two pennies or dimes only 1/2 inch apart. Not too shaby IMO.

There is an awful lot to like about the T-2, and it took some close scrutiny to even come up with this "bottlecap issue" to have something to discuss. But in truth, every high-end high-gain machine on the market is going to have some problems with certain types of iron targets, regardless of manufacturer. That is almost to be expected. I also think chastizing a new machine because it does something every other comparable design does is really a little childish. While I might have a "bottlecap problem" if I am standing in an ocean of the things, for the most part you are right in your assertion that the whole subject has been a bit blown out of proportion. These machines are all of 3 weeks old in their final production release form, and there will be alot more information forthcoming about what they are or aren't capable of. The "3b" and other tone options haven't even been hit upon yet, so there are still alot of possibilities with this machine.

Ralph