Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A lesson well learned

A

Anonymous

I finally got to go out today for around 3 hours. Was only my 2nd time of the year so I was rearing to go.
Got to the site and fired up the MXT pumped the coil, set my gain to 9 disc to 3 and cj mode. While hunting I noticed that the unit did not seem to be operating correctly,so kept checking my disc, thought it was moving on me, but it was not the case.
Vdi's were jumpy,depth of everything was really shallow, it was not what I was used to.
After 2hrs "2hrs mind you" I looked at the ground toggle, yup was on lock, I obviously had it locked on my last hunt at a totally different location. A flick to ground and the MXT was purring like I was used to. I found more clad in my last hour than I did the previous 2 hrs,plus a couple of silver trinkets.
So if you are out there someday and your MXT just isn't acting right ,CHECK THE GROUND SWITCH!
I honestly felt like a dummy writting this but I am a newbie, I only had the MXT since June,and I figure if it happened to me it could happen to someone else and I may save someone from a bit of aggravation.
Happy hunting!