Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A little motivation--things have been too quiet here

I've finally scored my first gold for the year last week, 14K with a ruby and a couple of diamonds. Next day I got a deep gold band at extreme low tide neck deep followed by a silver 5 minutes later in shallower area. The other 2 silver were two different outings before I got the gold. Funny thing, I didn't even see the stones until I had gotten home and was about to show my wife and daughter. I started doing the victory dance and my daughter says "what's the big deal Dad, there is only 3 stones?" I think she was annoyed at my prolonged dance. Photo does not do it justice. nice clear and brilliant shine. Up until these last 3 weeks, my hunts had been pretty slim pickings. Last 2 times out, just a couple of coins. Hoping for a good summer though. Already have a 2 day trip planned for the end of the month. Come on gold!

If only MOTIVATION was my only hold up...you gave it to me, nice finds. The ruby ring, I would call a Vicky ring in memory of my ruby red Crown Victory that had dependably taken me so many miles on hundreds of detecting trips.
Ah ha, if only the weather, tides, sand, doctor appointments and family obligations would ever come into alignment, I'll get back out before leaving on vacation. A week of detecting, less one day to sight-see.

I hear you Walker. For the last 6 months I was hardly ever able to get out. But my time is opening up these days. Just in time for Summer. My trip at the end of the month takes me to a area where I have never found any gold, actually only one small silver ring out of about 6 outings, so I am hoping to change that dismal record.

Ya get the feeling the Tide has changed? Good chance it will continue on your upcoming trip. Good luck!