Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Little SIlver and a Whole Lotta Lead

William-NM

Well, I've been trying to get myself to post last weeks finds for a few days, but life keeps happening. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and ate less than I did! It's a pleasant time to get out around here - temps in the 60s, just right for me, and we got a little rain, so nice damp and less dusty soil.
Still cleaning up the old ruins, found a little silver monogrammed belt buckle and a cool silver pendant. Also, an aluminum religious medallion and a couple of pins and copper belt parts.
stone-ruins.jpg
jewelry.jpg

I was following a dry wash below where I found the silver buckle when a signal blew my eardrums out. Once my hearing returned, I went to move a rock that I thought was over the target and found it to be a 5# lead ingot. Now, if I can just figure out how to date and sell the old lead... I've read that pre-1940s lead can be worth as much as silver...
lead.jpg

Some favorites: I found a few tokens and coins, and one of my favorite categories - a local giveaway brass knife/ruler from a plumber/heating/sheet metal guy; D.B. Robertson, 508 N. Bullard, Silver City, NM, Phone: 181. Love that local stuff! I also snagged a 1934 Chicago (my home town!) World's Fair souvenir match safe that I was pleased to find. I didn't expect to find the British large cent from 1913-- it likely came home in the pocket of a serviceman after WWI. Other finds include another horse & horseshoe fob (loop is broken off), a Missouri tax token, a 1915 Chihuahua, Mexico 5 centavos, a play nickel with cowboy theme (sorry, can't see in photo), a tiny mystery object- maybe an old tax token, a round brass object - maybe a bell??
coins-knife.jpg
coins-ruler.jpg
coins-obverse.jpg
coins-reverse.jpg

Here's a WWII Combat Medic's Pin, a couple of 'Great Seal' Buttons and a Navy button, a pocket knife, and a couple of brass discs, one of which has been shot. I've found one other like these - they are dimpled in the middle with a slight curve to them - maybe gambling markers or ????
buttons.jpg

I must admit that I am enjoying the little figurines that have come out of this site. This week I found a little fish, a fine lady, and the three monkeys; see no evil, speak no evil, and hear no evil, heh. Also, a Jell-O embossed mold, junk flatware and the usual suspects.
figurines.jpg

Added a few marbles to the collection, including a couple of shooters. The little football figure is light green and wearing the # 26 on his jersey.
marbles.jpg

Found a few more copper & lead printing plates - a couple of ladies calling cards, an ad for one of those vibrating massagers that you strap on your hand, a porcelain #5 that made me think "train", and a nice porcelain enamel on copper emblem for the "Metropolitan Automobile Association Inc. of California".
printers-plates.jpg

They were mighty hard on their clocks & locks!!
clocks-locks.jpg

Always plenty of old iron-- I especially like the old toy car, pistol, and padlock.
iron.jpg

Still hittin' the bottle
bottles.jpg

Found this old canteen buried along the abandoned railroad tracks, and a few more license plates.
license-plates.jpg

And the rest:
grooming.jpg
equipment.jpg

When I started turning up some interesting finds in this area, I slowed down and really scrubbed the ground with the coil and picked up a bunch of metal trash. It gave up some more keepers, and I'm going to dig the bottle dump in hopes of finding some from the local soda and beer bottlers that operated within a couple blocks of this spot.

Thanks for looking and best of luck in your hunts - hope you're all using the long weekend productively :twodetecting:
dig-area.jpg