Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A little winter hunting survey

BarnacleBill

So how crazy are you? As can be seen below I'll wade in the lakes till you need an auger for target recovery. So I am curious about the more hardy(crazy)in the community.

1. Do you hunt below 32F? If yes how much colder?
2. Have you ever used a hammer, pick, or plumbers torch for target recovery in frozen ground?
3. If within striking distance, do you head off to the ocean for cabin fever relief in the northern climes?
4. Has it ever been so cold ocean beach hunting, that you have to follow the high tide out and dig the sand before it turns to concrete?
5. What machines gave you trouble at low temps, and what were the issues?

So fess up, even if you did it when you were younger!

HH
BarnacleBill

Bill your Out there on the edge so to speak. I have nothing but respect for the hardcore among us, counting my self as one. A little off topic but I still think this story qualifies. I'm also an antique bottle hunter. A couple of years back I found a 1890S household dump (Untouched-How Sweet) That lay on the south side of a very large wood hill which was out of the wind and open to the sun from 11Am. to say 4Pm. all winter long.
I'm telling you it was the gift that kept on giving all winter long. It was so sweet because it was a ten minuet drive from my house the ground stayed open all winter and I had it all to my self !!! (also the views were outstanding)
Richard