Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A must read for people in Michigan

A

Anonymous

A must read.
Al Holden sent me this link: Department of Natural Resources
See bottom of post.
Complete banning of metaldetecting in our parks is just around the corner.
Question I emailed to DNR:
" Customer (Ross Soderberg) 09/06/2004 01:05 AM
Why were some State Parks closed to metal detecting? It's bad enough that we were restricted in them, but I understand this ruling. But to close a park to us all together is just wrong.
Michigan Treasure Hunters (2004 President)
A 30 year old club.
Web site: http://ross-soderberg.com/id14.html
Ross Soderberg "
Answer I received:
"Response (Colleen Steinman) 09/07/2004 07:54 AM
The parks that are closed to metal detecting have been evaluated by historians and other experts and their findings indicate that to allow metal detecting would invite violations of state statutues regarding the removal of artifacts and/or historical items. Additionally, specific areas of state parks provide important habitat for threatened and endangered plants and animals. Every effort is made to locate areas to allow metal detecting since the DNR recognizes it as a legitimate activity. Unlike the National Park Service, we have endeavored to create areas where this activity may be supported and enjoyed. "

Anybody here ever hurt a plant or animal metal detecting? What a load of crock.

always the same thing...an excuse to keep our hobby as illegal as possible...

Sure I shoot rabbits with my metal detector all the time.

Check the list. There are more Michigan state parks open to detecting than not.
Not exactly Nazi behavior, ifn' you ask me ...
Scott

Hi Scott,where you been lately.I enjoy reading your sometimes caustic,muddy the waters commontary to some pretty stupid or unthought out questions and remarks.Don't give up the ship!!! HH Bob