Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A New Already Charged XP Deus?

Golden Eagle

Hello All,

When I bought my new XP Deus from a dealer here in the Netherlands everything was already charged in the box. Is this normal or standard for the XP Deus? I went out today for my first hunt in a highly trashy area and my VID's were stable but from 40 to 96 I was only pulling out trash in the Basic 1 mode. The 96 was a small piece of aluminum 14" deep! I got a really strong VID at 85 with a high tone and it too was aluminum. Once it was out of the ground it gave me a 45 VID on an air test. A pull tab was 55 VID and what appears to be two pieces of copper junk was 77 and 85. A couple of times the tone and the VID disappeared once I made made a hole and I made sue to check the taken out soil with my Garrett Pro Pointer but there was nothing. Just wondering if this is all part of the learning process, or I got a lemon, or I need to use better settings.

Any advice would be really appreciated!

Rob

Yes mine reads foil 91 in the ground and 40 out of the ground, I posted a video of it doing that, just switch double check your targets with the 4khz freq and see if it still gives a nice tone. Cheers

Not having any experience with the VDI numbers of the coins in your country it is kind of hard to comment on your question. I believe that when I opened my Deus that the batteries were charged but cant remember whether it was a full charge. A trashy park was in my opinion a bad place to start with a new detector especially if you are an inexperienced hunter (don't know your experience level). Take the Deus home and do some air tests on the targets that you will be searching for and write them down for later reference. You might also bury some coins and trash targets in your yard (if you don't already have a test garden) and compare how the coins sound versus trash targets. Sounds to me like you just took the Deus to the wrong place for your first hunt and did not have the experience to be able to distinguish between a good target and trash. The Deus does have a learning curve and so give it some time and I am sure that you will do fine.

Hunting in high trash on your first hunt is a big mistake. The best thing to do is hunt a park or somewhere clean until you get the feel of your Deus. In time, you will learn what the Deus is telling you. Copper is a good metal and it will have a good tone whether it is a piece of wire, a token or a coin, it is still copper and it should give a good tone.

In a trashy area there is sometimes a combining of VDI''s when the targets are very close. The 3 or 4 tone audio can help sort that out.
Sometimes its just the soil, setting and/or depth that causes the VDI to rise. Time and digs will make that become a non issue as you learn your machine.
I dig every suspect signal until I get tired of digging, but I have been surprised occasionally when I thought a target was a bottle cap or otherwise trash and it was a merc or rosie next to trash.
HH
Ran