Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A nickel digging afternoon

GeorgeinSC

Yesterday afternoon I went out to a local park that has yielded a lot of clad and gets enough visitors that I may never get the clad infestation cleared out.

Spent about four hours swinging and found 29 nickels, 43 dimes and 6 quarters along with a number of memorial pennies. I have never found anything even close to that number nickels during a hunt.

When it was getting dark I was on the opposite side of a football field from my vehicle so I decided to do something that I usually do not do and detected across the field. Picked up a couple of coins and then about 2/3 rds of the way across the field I got a solid hit on a target that had some nickel tones to it but I knew that it was not a nickel.

Popped a ring out of the dirt and it was so dark that I could only think that it appeared to be yellow. Got to my vehicle and was real hopeful that I might have found gold.

Magnifying glass showed me that it was 10K. Not much but it is the first gold that I have found in the past four months. A welcome addition to my treasure chest.

[attachment 307644 10K.jpg] [attachment 307645 love.jpg]

The Detector Gods must be smiling on me and trying to make up for the limited use I have had of my left hand for a couple of months due to surgery. I have been out three times this month and found four sterling rings and one gold. I am a happy camper.

Great results george. 29 nickles in my opinion is alot for park hunting....looks like the rehab is going well and you found love to boot...nice, congrats...

Nice, nice--I luv finding nickels. First 2 I ever found was in the dark and were pristine buffalos.

Awsome find, where in Sc are you located?

Glad you posted the finds from the ball park Goerge. Way to go on the gold too. Eneded up working all day today but ratified on to homes. Maybe Monday or Tuesday if you are free we can go hot the old house in Summerville.
Matt

Nice ring George:thumbup:

Glad you're in SC George. You obviously know how to use your detector. I hit a "hunted out" spot just before the ground froze. Found 28 nickels, but only 4 dimes as it had been hammered by many detectorists and it wasn't a large area. 2 of the nickels were war nickels and 2 of the dimes were silver. Also pulled a 14k cameo pin frame. I think if you were one of those that had hunted this spot I wouldn't have found much. Everyone's in such a hurry to dig the "good" signals they leave plenty for us.:)

Nice find George. I'm in SC myself and hope I can find a honey hole. HH

29 Nickels and gold ring to boot? Looks like you are healing up real fine. Good for you man, thanks for sharing