Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A once in a lifetime find (long)

Ray(MaconGA)

I know that I have not been posting in a long while I have been super busy with work and haven't had allot of free time, but Today has been the most amazing day ever, I found something that I never ever thought I would find. I had today off of work and decided to his some parks within a 20 or 30 mile radius. at the first park I found 3 Indian head pennies 1882, 1891, and 1906. After detecting there for a couple of Hrs I decided to go to one of the parks that I found a 1935D half dollar. When I got to the park a tractor was going around and taking out small plugs to aerate the soil, so I couldn't hit the spot that I wanted to, so I moved to another spot. I was only detecting not event 5 Min's and got a signal at about 5" or so. I dug down and put my X-1 probe in and sounded like silver, so I carefully dug around with my knife and out popped a Merc dime. well I thought cool another merc. Well then I thought I saw the date 1916 and I thought that was cool cause the coin looked like it was in real good condition, then I flipped it over, and there was a mint mark, and it looked to be a D, I thought to myself there is no way I found a 1916D merc, let alone one that is in this great of shape, I looked at it closer, and sure as heck it was D mint marked. I still think that i am dreaming and I am going to wake up soon. The coin detail are EF to AU, it just has a frosty discoloring to it from the soil. I am going to send it in to be graded as soon as I can. The 1st pics are ones that I took with my crappy camera, and the next set is with a friends, who had an awesome camera. Well thanks for listening to my rambling.
P.S. I found it with my new Explorer 2 I just got a couple of weeks ago, and it already paid for its self.
P.s again, I cant dl my friend photos the files are too big, but I can email them if anyone wants a copy.

HH Ray

n/t