Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A point to ponder......

Ray-Mo.

I have noticed some remarks on a few different forums implying Andy could be a bit biased toward the Deus's capabilities due too the fact that he now sells them .I thought about this for a while and then realized he was so impressed with the XP Deus that he signed on to become a dealer and invested in a dealer banner on this forum.
Considering all the machines Andy has tested and written about over the years and how he latched on to the Deus says a lot to me about what kind of machine it must be.:thumbup:

I admit I thought the same thing. Your point is well taken. Thanks for giving me a different point of view.

Going to give one a test run in the next week or so.If I like the results I will be ordering one.It is so light I figure I could carry it in my left hand and my other machine in my right and then cross check targets with ease :)

That will great! I can't wait to hear your feedback as I know your love of the E-trac. I also love mine,But my bad right shoulder doesn't. I will say one thing that XP has to be the coolest looking detector I have ever seen!

I have to agree with Ray over the years I have never seen Andy step up to the plate to promote any one detector. And while Andy is a dealer for the XP I have not heard him run any of the detectors/manufacturers down. All he has done is promote the XP is do field tests and studies on the equipment. Which helps us to be able to ask questions when we finally have one in our hands. I have been able to give the XP a test run and look forward to being able to purchase mine in the near future as the machine blew me away.

I read about this machine and after consideration I got one from Bart. I took it out after studying the manual and I tried Deus Fast program with a change in the frequency from 18khz down to 12khz as that should be better for coins and depth who knows though. I found 3 coins in a small area I pounded numerous times with my Etrac, my At-Pro, and Omega8000, and a G2. One was a 1912 wheatie one was a 1940 something wheatie and one was a flattened indian head penny but I can make out a date of 1905 on it. They weren't too deep maybe 6-8 inches but it found them they were real corroded and tried to act like iron but gave good higher tone sound mostly . I was using factour preset 3 tnes there is several choices there like in most all the settings you can pretty much configure this machine to what you want really. I think it makes the target signals more clear to you even if they appear to be rather very iffy sounding to other machines so there was no way less doubt on the target or the ID of them before I dug them. All other targets I dug were very doubtful and the id wasn't good and they all were junk metal items like foil and wire and a nail and such. I pretty much dug any hits to see and learn this machine and how it acts and works.

I think It was a good investment because of it's versatility in programs and programing and then the light weight is a good plus and it's kind of modular too for easy transporting like if you want to take it on a motorcycle with you or a bike while out riding and you find a good site you can have a go at it right then and there to test it out for targets. No regrets what so ever here. Waiting to use it some more in other areas I have hit hard last year to see if I really cleaned them out.

Not a paid hack just an avid detectorist who likes to have what works and not be waisting my time like I did in years past with all the other machines I had which I thought were working well but I guess I wasn't getting depth and seperation so wasn't getting many good targets till 2 years ago got an Etrac and then my detecting world changed dramatically for the best. Now I will buy the best to hopefully get the best results for ME and the results I come to expect while out detecting instead of waisting my precious freetime like I did in the 80's and 90's and early 2000's detecting. Yes I read and studied these other detectors manuals but only a CZ5 did get silver for me down fairly deep but mostly the others I just got pennies or clad never Indians and silver like now soooooo.........

EtracTom-AdirondacksNY said:
I read about this machine and after consideration I got one from Bart. It was here like in 1 to 2 days free shipping I think. I took it out after studying the manual and I tried Deus Fast program with a change in the frequency from 18khz down to 12khz as that should be better for coins and depth who knows though. I found 3 coins in a small area I pounded numerous times with my Etrac, my At-Pro, and Omega8000, and a G2. One was a 1912 wheatie one was a 1940 something wheatie and one was a flattened indian head penny but I can make out a date of 1905 on it. They weren't too deep maybe 6-8 inches but it found them they were real corroded and tried to act like iron but gave good higher tone sound mostly . I was using factour preset 3 tnes there is several choices there like in most all the settings you can pretty much configure this machine to what you want really. I think it makes the target signals more clear to you even if they appear to be rather very iffy sounding to other machines so there was no way less doubt on the target or the ID of them before I dug them. All other targets I dug were very doubtful and the id wasn't good and they all were junk metal items like foil and wire and a nail and such. I pretty much dug any hits to see and learn this machine and how it acts and works.

I think It was a good investment because of it's versatility in programs and programing and then the light weight is a good plus and it's kind of modular too for easy transporting like if you want to take it on a motorcycle with you or a bike while out riding and you find a good site you can have a go at it right then and there to test it out for targets. No regrets what so ever here. Waiting to use it some more in other areas I have hit hard last year to see if I really cleaned them out.

Not a paid hack just an avid detectorist who likes to have what works and not be waisting my time like I did in years past with all the other machines I had which I thought were working well but I guess I wasn't getting depth and seperation so wasn't getting many good targets till 2 years ago got an Etrac and then my detecting world changed dramatically for the best. Now I will buy the best to hopefully get the best results for ME and the results I come to expect while out detecting instead of waisting my precious freetime like I did in the 80's and 90's and early 2000's detecting. Yes I read and studied these other detectors manuals but only a CZ5 did get silver for me down fairly deep but mostly the others I just got pennies or clad never Indians and silver like now soooooo.........

Nice review!

Ray-Mo. said:
I have noticed some remarks on a few different forums implying Andy could be a bit biased toward the Deus's capabilities due too the fact that he now sells them .I thought about this for a while and then realized he was so impressed with the XP Deus that he signed on to become a dealer and invested in a dealer banner on this forum.
Considering all the machines Andy has tested and written about over the years and how he latched on to the Deus says a lot to me about what kind of machine it must be.:thumbup:

I feel the same way about Andy and Bart (and anyone else who may be a dealer). I don't know Bart other then his posts on here and Andy... I know from his magazine articles and posts on here. I was surprised to learn he used to have a shop near me (Bloomsburg, PA). People certainly are not going to say, "Hey, this machine doesn't really perform to the company's specifications so I think I want to become a dealer and sell it for them". It's a new machine, by a new (to us) Company, and it very well may be the next machine to take our hobby by storm... give it a chance folks!!! I wonder if the first Minelab got this kind of scrutiny when it hit our soil????

I want to thank Andy & Bart and anyone else who is posting the videos' and other performance information so we can see the "Pro's & Con's" and make an informed decision.

The light weight and nice ergonomics might be the trick for me. I'm always fighting tendinitis in my right elbow and if I can hunt for 50% more time, that't like 50% more depth to me.

It's not just pure depth that intrigues me, nor effective depth - but effective volume.