Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Question for Beach Hunters using Minelab FBS (Safari)

Confetrit

I have a Minelab Safari that I have taken to the beach and used for beach hunting and I have had pretty good luck using the 11' stock coil. A short while ago I bought the Minelab 8' coil and have only had a brief chance to use it before being run off from a school yard on a Saturday. I was having pretty good luck finding coins (nothing old) in areas that I had hunted previously with other detectors. I think I'm really going to like this coil. Now back on track to my beach question. Which THE coil would be better for the beach? The stock 11' coil, or the 8' Minelab coil?

I have a Minelab Safari that I have taken to the beach and used for beach hunting and I have had pretty good luck using the 11' stock coil. A short while ago I bought the Minelab 8' coil and have only had a brief chance to use it before being run off from a school yard on a Saturday. I was having pretty good luck finding coins (nothing old) in areas that I had hunted previously with other detectors. I think I'm really going to like this coil. Now back on track to my beach question. Which THE coil would be better for the beach? The stock 11' coil, or the 8' Minelab coil?
Have not used that detector ... but, on virtually every beach I've hunted, I like a coil in the larger range, 11 inch is about perfect. Only exception would be if you are at a very rocky beach where you need to work around and between the rocks.

for beach hunting, the ol'e adage has been bigger is alway better, just because of the shear amount of area you may want to cover.
Yes, the 11' inch stock coil has performed well for me on the beach for both dry or wet sand. I was just wondering if anyone here has used the 8' coil on the beach. What little chance I've had to work with this coil, I was impressed with it, I just haven't tried it on the beach as of yet.

Yes, the 11' inch stock coil has performed well for me on the beach for both dry or wet sand. I was just wondering if anyone here has used the 8' coil on the beach. What little chance I've had to work with this coil, I was impressed with it, I just haven't tried it on the beach as of yet.
Those are the two sizes I use with my Etrac. I would stick with the larger coil for coverage unless your beaches are really really filled with junk or iron bits. The 11inch has found me stuff deeper than the 8inch.